Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 09:49 PM
    1993 V6 Toyota Camry won't start
    I just bought this car not running. It turns over fine, has fuel pressure if I jump B and FP at the diagnostic plug, has spark, has correct timing of cams and distributor, has voltage to the injectors, but I think it isn't getting the signal (pulsed ground) from the computer to tell the injectors to open. Got any ideas? Thanks, Jon at [email protected]
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2007, 03:44 PM
    See if you can get a used ignitor. I know they're expensive, so a used part or a donor part is best way to go. Parts stores carry them, but it's a crap shoot if they work out of the box.
    Also, if someone has been into this motor, a very common ground connection is left off. It's hard to see and bolts to the back of the intake plenum. This is main injector ground!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 toyota camry won"t start [ 10 Answers ]

My 1993 toyota camry was running great and all of a sudden it just quit running. My preliminary test indicates that it is not getting spark to the plugs. How do I test the distributor, ignition coil, igniter, cap & rotor, etc. It is a 4 cylinder engine

My 1993 toyota camry won't start? [ 3 Answers ]

My camry will not engage the starter? I coulnt find a starter relay, or maybe I just don't know what relay controls it. The car will start if I turn the key on an touch the small lead on the starter with a 12+ jumper. The battery cranks the car over just fine which makes me think it's a relay, but...

1993 toyota camry won"t start [ 2 Answers ]

My 1993 toyota camry was running great and all of a sudden it just quit running. My preliminary test indicates that it is not getting spark to the plugs. How do I test the distributor, ignition coil, igniter, cap & rotor, etc.

1990 Toyota Camry (wont start) [ 1 Answers ]

My 1990 Camery won't start! Ive had the battery checked and just put in a new starter because it tested bad. When I turn the key all the lights come on on the dash. It's a 5 speed and runs great if I get a push and start it that way. I'm not sure how to check the ingnition, but was told that it...

1996 toyota camry [ 2 Answers ]

I need to change the bulb in the left tail light of my 1996 Toyota camry. Can someone help me out with this, I do not have a manual and am sure it is very easy. Thanks

View more questions Search