Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmccoole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Reliability of Internet sites
    When I am doing online research for a school paper how can I be sure that the internet sites and search engines that I use are giving me reliable, up to date information?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Cross reference.
    Don't rely on one soucre and NEVER quote wikirel
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
    You can't trust any internet sourse for sure, If for example you are on the actual Catholic Church web site then you know it is normally right, but if you are on a local independent church and they link to their pages on the Catholic Church there is a good chance they are not correct

So if you want info on the IRS, only use official .gov web sites

And as noted by Curlyben that online information sourse that some of us quote for this site, is merely cut and pasted by people that offer the info and has a lot, ( I mean alot) of poor info.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
    General searches I like Google but if I was a student I think a lot of time ask.com and answer.com are better. -- Savage
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 29, 2007, 01:53 PM
    It does depend largely on the site and the topic you are researching.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

Best way to trade stock on internet? Which sites? [ 1 Answers ]

Which site is the best to invest through, I've researched Etrade, Schwab, Sharebuilder, TradeKing etc. TradeKing has the best prices but it says $0.65 per contract? What does that mean. Any help would be great.

Internet sites [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a different place like myspace :confused: ?

Reliability of information on internet sites [ 2 Answers ]

I want search the information needed in my learning process, but the information available on the internet is reliable. I want to know that can I trust on internet sites.

View more questions Search