Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gdburns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan remote control issue
    I have a hampton bay harbor breeze ceiling fan with remote control. The battery died on the remote. I replaced the battery but get no response from the ceiling fan from the remote. I can see the light on the remote go on when I depress a button on the remote. No change in lights or fan speed. I have truned the fan on and off, but no chamges. Any ideas?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Are you sure the battery was your problem? It sounds as though you could have a bad receiver. Also, when replacing the battery, did you accidentally change any of the dip switches?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    jmullins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gdburns View Post
    I have a hampton bay harbor breeze ceiling fan with remote control. The battery died on the remote. I replaced the battery but get no response from the ceiling fan from the remote. I can see the light on the remote go on when I depress a button on the remote. No change in lights or fan speed. I have truned the fan on and off, but no chamges. Any ideas?
    The same thing just happened to me... immensely frustrating. Did you ever figure out what the problem/solution was for this issue? I'm seeing other references to it when I googled the problem, but no clear answer. Thanks!
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 05:33 PM

Check the dip switches first before you try replacing parts.
    jmullins Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 08:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair View Post
    Check the dip switches first before you try replacing parts.
    Thanks. I checked them, and bought a replacement remote at Lowe's (but couldn't just buy the remote, had to buy the remote and receiver together). The replacement remote appears to be identical, and the dip switches were set in the same position as the old remote (all on). Voilą, working remote... sort of. On a new battery, the range appears to be about 6-8 feet, not 40 as advertised on the packaging - and even stranger, it seems directionally sensitive, and the only place in that small radius that the remote *doesn't* work from is the couch... never had this problem with the previous (seemingly identical) remote.

This one is going back for an exchange, and hopefully that will address the issue. I can say with some confidence now that there was a problem with the remote... but I can't say I'm happy with Harbor Breeze products at the moment...
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2008, 09:29 PM

Try getting one direct from the factory instead of a remote/receiver kit.
    MAC52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2013, 08:32 PM
    I have a harbor breeze fan remote control model #0379573 that I installed. It work great for both the light and fan. I was increasing the light brightness when it now is stuck on a very low brightness and I can't increase the brightness. The fan works fine and I can turn the light on and off. I just can't increase the brightness. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
    thepatsterd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2014, 02:40 PM
    Just spoke with Harbor Breeze tech support. Turn off power to fan/light (typically a wall switch). Remove battery cover from remote, turn wall switch back on, press the "learn" button for 10 seconds or until a small series of beeps is heard. Fan and light should now function properly. Tech support stated wall switch should typically be left on. Once power is removed from the fan/light via the wall switch the receiver (attached to fan motor) looses its memory. This is why the remote appears to be working but the fan/light does not respond.
    GIJANED Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2015, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thepatsterd View Post
    Just spoke with Harbor Breeze tech support. Turn off power to fan/light (typically a wall switch). Remove battery cover from remote, turn wall switch back on, press the "learn" button for 10 seconds or until a small series of beeps is heard. Fan and light should now function properly. Tech support stated wall switch should typically be left on. Once power is removed from the fan/light via the wall switch the receiver (attached to fan motor) looses its memory. This is why the remote appears to be working but the fan/light does not respond.
    Thank you thank you thank you. Resetting worked, although mine does not have settings on the inside but there is a small button down under the battery cover. I push and held until the light on the remote went off and then after about 15 seconds it came back on. The remote then worked for the light and fan. So not the exact instructions but it gave me a direction to work with to find the solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan w/remote, help! [ 4 Answers ]

I just puchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ 2 lights(1 up) and remote control. I have 4 wires(black,white.red and bare) out of ceiling box. Remote has black and white on one side and black,white,blue,and orange on other which match those coming from fan. Do I need red from box to operate other...

Harbor Breeze Remote Issue [ 13 Answers ]

I have three ceiling fans that I installed a couple of years ago with the remote control. I had them all set to the same freq. so one remote contolled them all and I have had not problems until now. After leaving for a week on vacation we got back and none of the three fans will respond to the...

Harbor breeze remote control [ 2 Answers ]

We purchased a house and the remotes for one of our fans has come unprogrammed I know the code what steps do I need to follow to reprogram the remote with the fan.

HARBOR BREEZE CEILING FANS: Fan & Remote Control Frequency Settings [ 1 Answers ]

We recently remodeled our home and had 3 Harbor Breeze ceiling fans installed. Being that we did not install the fans ourselves, we do not have the instruction manual. All of our fans are set to the same transmitter frequencies, so that when you turn one fan or light on, all of them go on. I...

Harbor Breeze Universal Remote Control Wall Unit [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering... I have purchased in the past about 3 "sets" of the Harbor Breeze Remote Control Wall Units where you have both a remote control that controls the light and/or ceiling fan, and also a wall unit (that you put in place of your regular light switch) that can also be used to operate...

View more questions Search