Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkm Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2005, 02:52 AM
    F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day?
    As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the visa issued onto my passport (which is in August)?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 1, 2005, 07:48 AM
    Kkm:

I would think it would be the approval day.

When did your employer begin to withhold Social Security and Medicare taxes? That would serve as an indicator.
    kkm Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2005, 10:02 AM
    H1 status Approval Day
    My employer started withholding my social security tax and medicare tax from Feb 1 2001.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 1, 2005, 12:29 PM
    Then H-1 started on 1 Feb 2004.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When is the right age to date [ 21 Answers ]

Just curious. When do u guys think is the right age to start dating?:confused:

Can't date men? [ 20 Answers ]

I don't know if I am posting this in the right forum but anyway. Me and my ex broke up in June of last year. I have pretty much moved on from him. I think that I am the type of person that will not completely move on until I fall for someone else, but I have basically moved on pretty well and I...

After a first date [ 10 Answers ]

Met a guy a few months ago through a friend's birthday party and I ended up getting his number. Anyway, we decided to finally meet up on Sunday just gone... its now Thursday night and I haven't heard from him. Thought date went really well, we had a laugh and joke and a kiss at the end. I text...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

View more questions Search