Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HANK Posts: 98, Reputation: 5

Mar 31, 2005, 11:34 AM
    World Population:
    "The eugenics problem is one of hopeful realization of the urgency of the global population problem. What is needed is not just a reduction in rate growth but an actual reduction in numbers because many scientists believe that the point was passed long ago at which the total population can be adequately supported."

Source: Winchester, A.M. "Sex Determination." Genetics: A Survey of the Principles of Heredity. Ed. H. Bently Glass, June Shepard. 4th ed. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1972, p 557-572.

Any comments?

HANK :eek:
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
    When I brought this up then people say "lets start with you" I agree with you completely living in NY I found this out first hand
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2006, 08:23 PM
    Don't worry, when the planet has had enough, she will shake her back like a dog slingin fleas. It has happened before and it is going to happen again soon.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Mar 25, 2006, 02:05 PM
    So you are saying that the population problem can be solved via selective breeding? Laws would have to be passed in order to prohibit the undesirables from procreating. Such laws would inevitably conflict with the human rights that democracy guarantees. So the whole project would stir up a proverbial hornet's nest of controversies.

Also, please elaborate on the actual reduction in numbers you mention and a reduction in the population growth rate.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Mar 25, 2006, 02:16 PM
    :eek: Did I read this right? :eek:

Correct me if I am wrong, because some times I am not too bright. If I read that right we should just start the holocaust all over again and wipe out the undesirable people again, stop treating people with cancer, aids, and other terminal diseases.

magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2006, 05:44 PM
    No, I did not say any of that... you did. As far as the halocaust, I do not have a clue what you talking about. We are on completely different wave lengths! Believe me!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Maybe we just need to export the US morals and values.

Let homoseuxality and abortion catch on world wide and it should not be a problem any longer.

And perhaps some of the middle east with nukes will solve a lot of those problems for us anyway
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Mar 26, 2006, 03:37 AM
    Population problem will solve itself. I just hope that it won't be ugly (done through war, starvation, etc).
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2006, 05:33 AM
    Hi, Hank,
    Great to hear from you again!
    I agree with the statement you gave. Many countries now have populations far beyond their capacities to handle. Many people worldwide living in "squalid conditions" or as Americans would see it, "unbelievable conditions".
    Unfortunately, nature takes care of not having food in very harsh ways, such as death.
    Individual Governments will have to intervene with birth control of some type; required by Gov't, controlled, and will not be viewed as "acceptable" by all... it's rare that all accept most Gov't controls.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2006, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi, Hank,
    Great to hear from you again!
    Hank hasn't posted here since Nov 2005.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Hey, NeedKarma,
    I am still glad to see him post his question. What's your point?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hey, NeedKarma,
    I am still glad to see him post his question. What's your point?
    My point is, well there are 3 of them I guess:

a) you said " Great to hear from you again!" when in fact he hasn't posted anything else in this thread since his original question/commment (Hank rarely ever returned to threads he started)
    b) Hank has not posted on this website since the date I mentioned
    c) you routinely let people know when they have posted to an old thread.

Have a super terrific day!

NK.
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2006, 08:54 AM
    Hi, NeedKarma,
    Good points!!
    I missed the original posting date!!
    Sorry about that. A year old?? Yes.
    Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please someone help me It would mean the world truly. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a soon to be 18 year old who will start my Senior year of High School. I have a friend who lives in Kentucky it's a she. We've known each other for two years talked to each other through phone,internet, and letters. We both love each other as friends an see each other as dating material...

World War 2 [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me 3 additional types of Japanese Kamikazes? Thanks:p

Population Size [ 1 Answers ]

What is the minimum population size from which one can draw a random sample and have a 95% confidence level?

View more questions Search