JessicaLoewe Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Loose weight
    What is the best way to loose weight?
    Please help me?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 04:52 PM
    I think you mean LOSE weight. Follow a diet plan, go to weight watchers, or somewhere similar. I good brisk walk every day works wonder for weight loss and is inexpensive and good cardiovascular/low impact aerobic workout. You don't say how old you are; that would help
    JessicaLoewe Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Umm... im 15 years old
    Maby that will help you know
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 28, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Well I've heard great things about weightwatchers, but that costs quite a bit. Why don't you join a school sport? When I was a freshmen in high school I joined the swim team and I think that is the best way to work out. You burn so many calories and work out just about every muscle in your body. Start eating right you know fruits, veggies, protein, don't eat any junk food. Also ONLY eat when you are hungry. A lot of people snack when they are not even hungry. When you get full simply stop eating. A lot of people also tend to overeat even when theyare full. If you are ever craving chocolate, drink hot chocolate or a low fat chocolate shake. If you crave something sweet then have a low fat smoothie or maybe some hard candy or suckers. Also work out at least 3-4 times a week for about 45 minutes each work out, if you can fit in more time that's great. Do some crunches or push ups while watching TV, do leg lifts while reading a book. There is so much you can do, it's just a lot of people have trouble staying motivated and energized to want to do it. Well goodluck
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 06:11 PM
    It would also be helpful to know how tall you are and what your weight is. There are many girls out there who think they are fat and need to lose weight, but are perfectly fine.

Anorexia can be very dangerous. This is why I am hesitant to post in weight loss questions unless I know the age, height and weight first.
    WeedEater Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 12:19 PM
    If you are really interested in weight loss first either go the library or Amazon or another book vendor and read the following...
    1. Intuitive Eating - written by dieticians who have successfully developed a non-diet lifestyle change program that is enjoyable, healthy, and inexpensive. The key to the program is to allow your body to regulate your weight by learning to live with your genetic makeup and modify your relationship with food and your body. It simply makes sense.

2. Thin For Life - written by a Yale dietician who learned more from 200 formerly "FAT" people who became "THIN" and more importantly kept the weight off for at least 2 years. This is a gold mine for the individual who has tried conventional diets and programs and learned that diets don't work.

3. The Overfed Head - written by a non-medical non-expert who has developed a program called "Thintuitiion" that is centered around the premise that your body will tell you what to eat and when and more importantly when to stop eating --- if you will only learn to be aware of and appropriately respond to your appetite.

If that doesn't do it for you...
    Repeat these lies...
    1. I love food.
    2. I don't eat much.
    3. I need to limit my portion size.
    4. I'll try...
    5. I think my blood sugar is low so I'll just eat a bag of Cheetos.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 5, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by WeedEater
    5. I think my blood sugar is low so I'll just eat a bag of Cheetos.
    I hope this was in jest. LOL, not healthy food at all.

We have to remember that this gal said above that she is only 15 years old. So, we know that we have to tailor our answers to that particular age group.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Eating healthy, natural foods is the way to have a healthy body. Full grains, wheat pastas, breads, rice and cereals, leaner meats, skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, loin type meats, veggies, fruits, seeds nuts, in proper portion sizes. Learn to read nutritional labels and stcik to proper portion sizes. Depending really on your height and body type and weight right now would help. Not knowing this just for general good eating habits that will help your through life, I would advise Limiting cakes, pasteries, candy, high sodium products, like chips, soda will help anyone, because these are calorie full and really have no nutritional value.
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

May 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Hi Jessica , read my post/reply to Why does it have to be this way ?
    Water is your friend and you can workout anywhere anytime I don't care what your schedule is or where you are .
    Good luck to you... Russell
    robinhen2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Hey Jessica,
    I have lost 14 pounds, (lbs.), in 9 months primarily using good nutrition. I have listed my methods of losing weight. USING GOOD NUTRITION IS THE KEY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO LOSE FAT and NOT MUSCLE.
    1/ Stock healthy food in your house. If junk food, (all sodas, pastries, etc.), isn't in your home you are much less likely to eat it.
    2/ Pure water is a must. I used to drink a lot more soda and sweet tea than I do now, but substituting water for other drinks comes naturally after a while.
    3/Exercise has helped. I bought me a $200. Machine to exercise and then gave it away when I found a Cardioglide at the dump. The point is the exercise and not how one exercises.
    4/ The earlier you stop eating in the evening, the faster you lose weight.
    5/ Have faith in your ability to lose weight; most diet book authors just care about selling books and not about your health.
    6/ Eating a healthy breakfast every day helps.
    7/ This is a lifestyle change. Remember diet is the nourishment, (food and liquid), one takes in for body maintenance. Diet is not a word to be feared. Our society has made "Diet" a feared word, but in reality it is still just a word. Look "Diet" up in the dictionary.
    8/ Avoid extremes in eating. I limit my food intake, (especially at supper), but still eat candy, cookies, cake, etc. IN MODERATION and ONLY OCCASIONLY. I even drink soda and sweet tea sparingly.

Hope this helps
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Look the whole key is exercise and diet, not meaning, starving yourself, just eating good, natural foods. Like skinless chicken, turkey breast, loin, fish, veggies, steamed or stir fried, and fruits. Legumes, nuts and seeds. Portion control, 3 oz. of meat, with a meal, cut out high fructose corn syrup, sugar, salty and sugary snacks, cut out soda drink water, cut out salty snacks, eat small quantities of nuts and seeds instead. And exercise, 4-5 times a week, do everything, aerobics, resistance training, jogging, walking, swimming, dancing. Just move it 4-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes to 1 hr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need to loose weight! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone knows of a real good diet plan that actually works! Next year is my prom and seriously I want to start my diet right now! I'm tried diet pills but they just seem to not work and I couldn't even sleep so I stopped that. Right when I stopped the diet pills I gained even more...

Loose weight [ 1 Answers ]

How do I loose weight fast and safe I work out everyday and all but its not seeming to work what should I do?

Fastest ways to loose weight [ 7 Answers ]

I have too loose weight before April 14,2007.. at any cost.. I hv this huge fashion show in which I have to look skinny... realy skinny.. I weigh 56 kgs now& want to loos at least 10 kgs with in a month.. please help...

I want to loose weight [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me loose weight I am 18 years of age and I am 5 feet 3 inch tall and my weight is 55 the biggest priblem for me is ma hips... I don't fit inm ajeans animore help me

I gain weight and loose my life [ 7 Answers ]

HI O'm Amira 21 Female.. I live in a really serious Misery... I 've lived about 20 years of my life over weighted.. and I don't want to talk about how ugly my life is.. I tried so many times.. but every time I lose about 4 kg and give up.. then I gain much weight.. My problem now is I'm depressed...

View more questions Search