Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elpida Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Replaced uxtheme.dll and now my PC is screwd up
    Hello, please help!
    I downloaded skinny to load different xp themes and since then I can enter windows explorer.
    When the computer starts is says that uxtheme.dll cannot be found and if I re-install the application the problem could be fixed. But then, the background loads but no icons or toolbars appear! I waited and waited but nothing. I am able to open task manager but when I try to load exlporer.exe from there it gives me the same message about the uxtheme.dll. I don't know what's happened. Please help.
    JessicaLoewe Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Go to search in your computer and type in whatever your asking for it should
    Work I had this with other think a lot and it helped me!!

Apr 28, 2007, 04:07 PM
    But there is no toolbar, so I can't access search. Is there a way to access it through task manager?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
    It looks like you will need to do a repair install -- see CurlyBen`s post at this link [the 4th post] https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/laptop...repair+install

-- Savage

Apr 28, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Thankfully, I managed to resolve the problem without a repair install.But now I;m stuck with this ugly gray desktop theme ''windows classic''. Windows xp theme has disappeared from the desktop options. How do I get it back?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replaced transformer [ 2 Answers ]

I had to replace the transformer on my furnace, the little switch beside the fan the on and auto was damaged too I couldn't find one so the man I got the transformer from said to just by pass it and tap it off,, well when I cut the air on ,the fan will come on automatic,, when I cut the heat on...

Replaced a water pump [ 3 Answers ]

I just replaced my water pump. When I turn on all the faucets in my house the kitchen faucet just drips, both bathroom showers run okay, the sinks in each bathroom run but very low. All the faucets run clear for a few min. then have brown stuff coming out. What could be wrong now? Please help...

Should coil be replaced when AC is replaced? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old 3 ton AC unit on the roof. My house is about 1750 sq ft. Last year, the AC unit stopped working. It could never cool the house down once temperature shoots above 80. I had an AC company come by and added refrigerant thinking that's the problem. It seemed to get worse after the...

Replaced shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just cut a hole in my ceiling and replaced the shower drain. I used a plumber's putty on the top and locked in the washer on the bottom. Should I have used sealant at any spot on the install, or is the putty sufficient? After a day or so, I was able to tighten the nut more; is there...

Se.dll, fltmgr.dll [ 9 Answers ]

Norton Anti-virus prompted me that both files are at high risk... suggesting that these files should be deleted... donno the importance of such files and if my XP will still run if I delete them :confused:... What should I do?

View more questions Search