Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tallarin Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Apr 28, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Is this feeling normal?
    For the past year or so, I have been growing further and further apart from a friend to whom I was really close to before. I have finally accepted that the friendship is dead, over, finito, no chance of going back. We see each other at common events and act very civilized.
    I found out last night that my gang wanted to surprise me with something and that they asked for her help (because of the circumstances, she was the only one who would have been able to pull it off). And no one knows that we are no longer joined at the hip. She declined.

After the event was over and the surprise was revealed (I already knew last week) I asked her if they'd asked for her help. She said that yes, but that she didn't think it was THAT important I didn't find out. (The head of the organization and about 6 other people who worked on the ruse did).

The positive thing is that it touched my heart how so many people were trying to keep me from finding something out and for this I will forever be grateful.

Now here's the negative: My feelings have changed from mourning a lost friendship to acceptance but now it's HATE... and I don't like how I feel. I've had all these thoughts of "revenge" on my head... don't worry, nothing criminal or that would really hurt anyone (more like really silly things that would be embarrassing but hamrless) but it's not like me. How do I deal with this? Is this normal and something that will also pass??

She keeps being "cordial"... even yesterday when she told me her feelings on the surprise... it's weird..

I can't not see this person because our kids go to the same school and we are in the same fundraiser committee... which I'm not willing to quit as it's my passion.
    Tallarin Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Apr 28, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Oh... and I've tried to talk about what went wrong... all I got back was It has nothing to do with you
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Apr 28, 2007, 05:44 PM
    It only normal that you feel this hate, but I think it will pass. Your attitude towards this person is the key issue. Find it in your heart to forgive and forget revenge that would only stir problems and after all the more important thing is the fund raising.
    Focus on it rather than clouding your mind with worthless thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling like everything is different [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I went away for a three-week course in another city, and since I got back my perception of everything in my life seems different. Not in a bad way - just different - so I am curious to know if anyone else has ever felt like this too. For example, I've always had hang-ups about my...

Not feeling well [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I haven't really been feeling well for about a year already. I have been having headaches, feel nauseous, shaky, and trouble breathing. The doctors haven't really found anything yet, other then that I had skuliosis. I have been going to the chiropractor for about five months already. Are...

What is this feeling? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 5 weeks and this is my third. I have this pinching feeling in my vigina. Is this normal? Also everyone says you get tired in early pregnant but I don't feel tired at all. Is this normal?

Feeling Sorry For Ones Self [ 4 Answers ]

How can I stop feeling sorry for myself?

I still have feeling for my ex [ 7 Answers ]

Hey You! Well I really like this guy and he asked my out a couple of days ago. I really do like him and would go out with him but for some reason I scared of getting hurt again.I think I still have feeling for my ex. In the past relationship my boyfriend cheated on me with this girl he goes to...

View more questions Search