Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetblood_15 Posts: 71, Reputation: 4

Apr 28, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Is birth control available for me?
    I'm just wondering where a good place to get birth control is, I've never used it so I don't know much about it. Is it free for minors and do they contact parents or anything like that??
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
    The first person you should be asking this of is your mom -- but I guess you feel that's not a option.
    Fear not though your mom will understand where you are coming from better than you might believe.
    Not knowing the law where you are your next best bet would be to speak to the school nurse or a aunt your close to.

All that being said -- BC will help you avoid getting pregnant but does nothing about preventing all the nasty STD`S out there. WRAP THAT RASCAL. -- Savage
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2007, 01:47 PM
    You may be young but that is a very responsible question. Try to have a chat with your mum. Stay calm and let her know you want to take responsibility for such an important decision.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2007, 01:50 PM
    First for minors it is available many places. A lot of schools give them out, you may want to talk to your school couselor.

Next you can go to the county health department, they will furnish them normally.

And of course you can buy condoms at the local drug store and many other places.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2007, 09:09 PM
    This really is something you should talk to your mom(or close, responsible female relative) about. However, since you are asking on this site, I am guessing that isn't something that you are not going to do, and if you don't get answers, you might go ahead with your actions, without birth control. I am glad that you ARE trying to get birth control, as this is a much more responsible course of action, then unprotected sex. That being said, planned parenthood is a place geared towards helping teens (as well as other, but esp. teens) to be educated, as well as getting birth control methods, exams, and making wise choices about sex. They will work with you on your payment methods, help you decide which birth control is best for you, and keep your case confidential.

Apr 29, 2007, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    This really is something you should talk to your mom(or close, responsible female relative) about. However, since you are asking on this site, I am guessing that isn't something that you are not going to do, and if you don't get answers, you might go ahead with your actions, without birth control. I am glad that you ARE trying to get birth control, as this is a much more responsible course of action, then unprotected sex. That being said, planned parenthood is a place geared towards helping teens (as well as other, but esp. teens) to be educated, as well as getting birth control methods, exams, and making wise choices about sex. They will work with you on your payment methods, help you decide which birth control is best for you, and keep your case confidential.

I can't afford anything, I have no money, None at all... I get about $2 a month if even that... no one gives me money ever and I have no job...
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2007, 04:26 AM
    "i can't afford anything, i have no money, None at all.....i get about $2 a month if even that.......no one gives me money ever and i have no job......"

Why not? Would you like to give us some more details?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetblood_15
    i can't afford anything, i have no money, None at all.....i get about $2 a month if even that.......no one gives me money ever and i have no job......
    Well maybe you should not be on birth control and maybe you should just not have any sexual relationship at all. That way there is no chanch of you becoming pregnant.

Can not afford anything, so you can not afford to have sex.

Joe
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2007, 04:43 AM
    I agree with the above. Please be very careful. If you have no money and no decent support, can you imagine what it would be like if you were to accidentally get pregnant??

Apr 29, 2007, 07:49 AM
    I can somewhat afford it... if I find new ways of getting money... how much would it cost?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 29, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetblood_15
    i can somewhat afford it.....if i find new ways of getting money.....how much would it cost?
    Ask the Experts: What is the price range for birth control? — teenwire.com -- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth Control [ 1 Answers ]

I have stopped taking my birth control pill yasmin back in June of 2005, I have been trying to get pregnant ever since. How long does it take for everything to go back to normal when you stop taking the pill . Im really worried that there might be something wrong cause I haven't gotten pregnant yet

Birth Control [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here it goes I had to stop taking my birth control about 2 months ago because I make too much money so my medicaid was taken away so anyway I don't know if I am stressed or just paranoid or what but I came on my cycle twice in November and the last time I had my cycle was Dec 5 and I haven't had...

Birth control [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take to start your period when you come of birth control. I was taking it for 4 months and my period would always start the next day or two. I quit taking it for good to try and get pregnant. Its been 3 weeks today that I stopped taking it. Does this mean I'm pregnant.

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

HI there I was just wondering if I could be pregnant.. I am on the pill and have been for 3 months now... I am on my 3 month now... But on the 8th day of taking the pill my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex... I should be getting my period today and I feel crampy but nothing has shown yet. I am...

View more questions Search