Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutronman Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2005, 09:02 AM
    Miniature greyhound, upset stomach... HELP.
    We have a miniature greyhound that has a constant stomach problem, she will be fine for several days then all of a sudden she won't eat because her stomach is upset, sometimes she vomits, no diarrhea. We have taken her to the vet several times and he gives her a shot of "Pepcid" and then she is fine. He instructed us to give her pepcid in her food. We cut a pepcid in half and crush it up and put it in her food, this seems to help, but then a few days will go by and she's back to an upset stomach. It's a chronic thing and I would like to know what I can do to help her. She is 4 years old.
    Thank you in advance.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2005, 10:05 AM
    In general, the best thing with most physical problems is to work with your local vet. One other thing you might look at is what the dog is eating. Even if you are practicing the tough love of limited treats, some dogs are very creative about finding things themselves that upset their stomachs. Guard your garbage and trash, make sure she doesn't have access to other pets food, or ugh, their stools. A boring diet of the same old dry dog food served at the same time each day can help some dogs digestion.

Mar 31, 2005, 10:55 AM
    Thank you for the reply, but we have tried all those things you said. We are very careful of her surroundings, we just do not understand why her stomach is so sensitive.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2005, 01:15 PM
    Have you contacted the breeder? The more responsible ones would at least not repeat the breeding that may be the source of the problem. If so, you may have to live with it. Unfortunately health and temperament are low on many breeders' priorities.

Mar 31, 2005, 01:21 PM
    No, I don't think it's nessesary, as her sister lives down the street from us and she doesn't have this sensitive stomach problem.
    I just spoke with my daughter and she tells me the dog is fine today. As I said it's an unusually problem and my wife thinks she gets depressed when every one goes to work and she is left alone in the house, we do leave music on for her to keep her company.
    Pheonix Child Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Get a feeding saringe (Most vets give them). Feed him an infusion of either mint tisane or simply mint leaves. It will solve his problem on short turm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Miniature Dachsund Puppy Feeding [ 4 Answers ]

What kind of food should be given to a 5 week old mini doxie? I want to do whatever I can to prevent my little puppy from having long term back problems and need help on feeding

How can I control my miniature daschund? [ 5 Answers ]

I own a male miniature dachund approx. 2 and 1/2 yrs old. Although normally a well behaved pet in doors I find that his behaviour is out of control if any one come to the door Also if I bring him for a walk I find that he will try to attack any dog he comes into contact with and proceed to growl...

Litter box training a miniature daschund? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have a miniature daschund that is about 8 months old. We have him housebroken pretty well (he never makes mistakes). However, we are gone for a large portion of the day for work and we are usually unable to make it home to let him out. I heard that it is possible to litter box train...

Upset... [ 27 Answers ]

I know that Pete did not mean anything by this and he was trying to hurt me in any way but I was almost in tears last night and I just need to get this off my chest. His mate has who we spend a lot of time with went through a bad break up a couple of months ago. We have supported him as best we...

Everybody upset at me... [ 4 Answers ]

I tried to live by my own but I couldn't wasn't ready for. Now I am. Anyway. I lived for three month by myself. The people there were my friends. So I bonded more with them and I enjoyed freedom... so now sometimes on sundays I don't go to granmas or at saturdays I skip some casual joinnings with...

View more questions Search