Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary hoffman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 04:07 AM
    Court Order DNA test for paternity of adult child
    I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on which to rely?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2007, 04:18 AM
    Since you are a adult, the court will not force him to a DNA test. The State has no jurisdication over the matter, it is private.

He must be willing to take the test. Force testing can only be done if a crime has been committed and for custody of a minor child, and child support.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 1, 2007, 02:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mary hoffman
    I am an adult child. Born in wedlock but my father was not my mother's husband. My biological father lives in another part of town and will not take a DNA test. Can I proceed in court to get a court order to make him do so? Which court? Family or Civil (Equity case?) Is there any PA law on which to rely?
    In PA it is impossible to be done anyway.I am interested why you want to order DNA test?What kind of relations do you have with your mother,your marital father and your biologic father?
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

May 1, 2007, 04:09 AM
    The court may agree if you have a reason such as... you want medical records for your children or for yourself. This can be important in family medical history.
    I am also interested in why you would want the test done? You don't have to answer if you feel this is too personal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test / Child Support / Custody [ 13 Answers ]

I got pregnant in January of 2005 by a guy I had been with for about 7 months. As soon as I said the word, he demanded I have an abortion and he was out the door. I couldn't go through with the abortion, and I had considered adoption but in the end I couldn't do that either. I had the baby 5 weeks...

Proving paternity as an adult child [ 16 Answers ]

Does the state of Tennessee have a statue of limitations on proving paternity? I am an adult child and would like to sue a man for a paternity test. I never knew intil recently where my possible father lives. Recently I did find him but he denies ever knowing my mother.

Adult child paternity rights? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I have any right to determine who my father is? I am 32 years old, and have been trying tactfully to contact the man who is said to be my father. I want nothing more from him than the truth... is he my father? If he is, all I am looking for is family tree information and...

Father Seeking DNA of Adult Child [ 2 Answers ]

In Texas, can a man sue an adult child for a paternity test to determine if he is the father. The mother signed a court document stating that she never had sex with the man, which is not true. A different man,The father that was on the birth certificate gave up his rights and the child was...

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search