Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdeweeh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 06:20 PM
    My Steam Shower keeps throwing the breaker!
    Hi Everyone, I have just installed a steam shower bath and it takes 3KW and I have it on a 20 Amp breaker. I thought that would be enough amps to carry it; what could be wrong? Thanks. Kaye
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Apr 27, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeweeh
    Hi Everyone, I have just installed a steam shower bath and it takes 3KW and I have it on a 20 Amp breaker. I thought that would be enough amps to carry it; what could be wrong? Thanks. Kaye
    20 amp with 120v at max is less than 2400w. What the volt?
    Kerrveball12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 06:51 PM
    I assume you are running this from 120V, because at 120V it will pull 25A. At 240V it will only pull 12.5A. So up the breaker, and you should be OK.
    kdeweeh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caibuadday
    20 amp with 120v at max is less than 2400w. what the volt?
    Hi, It is 120V. I guess I need to up the breaker?
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

Apr 27, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeweeh
    Hi, It is 120V. I guess I need to up the breaker??
    Up the breaker to 30A and wire to #10
    shuntripper Posts: 180, Reputation: 8

Apr 28, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Don't put that 30a CB on less than 10 gauge wire, 2400W/120V = 20A draw but you're not supposed to be over 80% of the CB rating. Actually code says CB not less than 125% of load (for this)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flame throwing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a LP gas, upflow furnace with a standing pilot. I can turn it on, the pilot lights the main burners as normal, the flame is blue like it should be, and the blower comes on like normal after the unit heats a bit. The problem is every 5 minutes it pops a fireball out the front (I now have no...

Replacing a circuit breaker with a GFI breaker- q on neutrals [ 1 Answers ]

In process on installing withquestion on neutral wires. Do you take the neutrals out of the in the main panel neutral and put them in into the breaker where its labelled "load neutral terminal" and only have the neutral "pig tail" to the panel neutral bar? Thanks!

My pup is throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy started throwing up early this morning and has been consistent all day. She doesn't want to eat or drink much water, what could be wrong with her she is going to the vet tomarrow but I am just trying to figure out what to ask her to look for any help would be greatly appreciated thanks...

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search