Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tira68 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4
    -

Apr 27, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Masters in Education through Walden University
    I am looking at taking my masters degree in teaching through an online degree program at Walden University. Would like to hear from people who have done the same. What did you think of their program? Would you go through them again? How was the workload and time spent online?

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 10:19 AM
    This is from their own web site as to time requirements, but each person will be different, some people learn faster, know more to start with and so on

Time Commitment
    To get the most from your studies, you should dedicate blocks of time to your program. Students report that they spend 15 to 20 hours a week per course on readings, assignments, research projects, and online discussions.

Some courses require that you log in a specific number of times a week. However, you have the flexibility to choose what times you log in and what blocks of time you set aside for your studies.

For tips on balancing work, family, and education, call 866-492-5336.

Depending on your program, online courses are offered in

16-week semesters (some with consecutive 8-week courses)
    12-week quarters (some with consecutive 6-week courses)
    Courses have defined start and completion dates. You'll typically have about one week off between semesters or quarters.

Some Ph.D. programs use an individualized research curriculum that has more general completion guidelines.

Start dates are offered throughout the year so that you can begin your program when it's convenient for you.

Call 866-492-5336 for more information about start dates and course calendars for your program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University [ 54 Answers ]

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they...

Scholarships for masters degree in physical education preferably in USA [ 2 Answers ]

I am a physical education teacher in war-torn province of mindanao. I am very eager to pursue a masters degree abroad so that I can help in my own little way my community. Unfortunately I am financially incapable of pursuing my post graduate studies. I am not getting any younger anymore and I know...

Scholarship for masters [ 1 Answers ]

I did my bachelor of commerce degree and I am intending to go for masters(mba) in human resources management, I want to know where can I get scholarship as I don't have a good financial position to sponsor myself. I am from the least developed countries. Also which universities offer such a...

Masters in Sociology [ 1 Answers ]

I have just been offered a job in Social Work, but only have a Bachelors Degree. I was told that a Masters in Sociology would be a good match. What type of job opportunities would this help me advance to. I am a re-entry worker, so I accepted a Social Worker position to get experience. Any...

View more questions Search