Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laj233 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2005, 10:24 PM
    What do you do when you know eventually it'll end?
    I recently broke up with my ex of almost 2 yrs, and then almost immediately ran into the arms of a guy that I had always had a huge crush on.

Things are going really great between me and my new boyfriend (not quite 2 months of dating), but the only thing that keeps plaguing me is the fact that I know it will probably end this summer. He plans on going away for school to a place that's out of province (lol obviously I'm a Canadian), and I've been through long distance before, and it sort of scarred me. I also know that he doesn't really think he could do a long distance relationship either.

The hard part is that I've fallen in love with him, and knowing that it will end is tearing me up inside, because it basically shuts the door on all sorts of what ifs in the future.

What should I do? Just enjoy the time I do have with him, and end up feeling crushed when it ends? Or stop thinking about it and just enjoy myself, and prepare for the future?

It's hard to deal with the fact that you know that it'll end sometime in the not so distance future

laj233
    gg88fr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2005, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by laj233
    Or stop thinking about it and just enjoy myself, and prepare for the future?
    laj233
    I think it's the best choice... :cool:
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2005, 09:18 AM
    Sit down and talk!! Ask him what he wants - COMMUNICATION is so freaking important. You might not like his answers - he might not like yours...

Just make sure not to ACT desperate EVER - act cool about all of it.

Let things work it out.

IF he says no long distance - just go through with it. Don't contact him when he leaves - he most likely will coem running back and you will work it out.
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Mar 30, 2005, 01:11 PM
    Here and Now
    Never consider endings with such bleakness, the end of one chapter predestines the beginning of another. The stage is set, the plot thickens which creates the hunger for more, the what will happen next. In relationships, you have attained what many have waited and hoped for during their lifetime... to actually connect with their Crush. There are so many people wondering what it would have been like to actually date the one they most admired, and you have had an opportunity to do so. Therefore, consider the time spent with him, as one less, what if to entertain during this lifetime. Who knows, you may part ways, but not in heart. Some actually do return to reclaim the love of their life. Some are comforted by the fact that there awaits a girl back home, which propels them to complete their studies without added distractions. There remains a world of possibilities, conjectures to entertain; however, the one sure thing... Here and Now... Live without regrets, enjoy him. If not, you will begin to pull away, shy away from him, not giving him your all, in an effort to protect your heart, while misleading him to feel or think that you are not all that interested in him. By chance if you do part ways, consider what you have discovered about yourself due to your involvement with him, embrace the enhancements your interaction with him has brought to light. With everyone we meet, we learn something more about ourselves, things that probably would have never surfaced if it had not been for that encounter. Always, in all things, embrace the fruit of the interaction, sometimes, the details are not nearly as important, as the fruit, the hindsight, the insight, the newness of life, the discovery of a part of yourself, the enhancement of a skill or trait. Therefore, with such an outlook, endings can only be viewed as preparation gained for lies ahead. This keeps your outlook positive, as well as, shut the door to bitterness, fear of giving your heart, whereby reducing the fullness of life, joy this life has to offer. When you consider that your heart will be broken, crushed... You set yourself up for a bad shake... something you would have to eventually get over, in order to move on, so cut it off at the path... enjoy the here and now... let tomorrow take care of itself... embrace the fruit... know that whenever you approach the end... it is merely time for you to begin again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search