Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vaughn Smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Who is Neil Armstrong?
    Who is Neil Armstrong?
    Marcusstorm Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Neil Armstrong was employed by NASA and became the first man to step foot on the moon in 1969. There was however a lot of controversy on who was the actual first person to step foot on the moon as it was not fully televised and Neil's partner Buzz Aldron also claimed the feat...
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 2, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcusstorm
    There was however alot of controversy on who was the actual first person to step foot on the moon as it was not fully televised and Neil's partner Buzz Aldron also claimed the feat...
    Nonsense - there has never been any dispute as to whether Armstrong or Aldrin was the first to step on the moon. I think you are confusing what Aldrin said in his autobiography about his initial assumption during the planning of the mission as to who should be the first out. In virtually all pevious EVAs it was typically the second in command who would go out for space walks, leaving the commander - in this case Armstrong - on board. So Aldrin at first assumed that this same protocol would apply to the first moon walk. However, NASA brass decided early in the planning that Armstrong would be first, and that's exactly how it was practiced and is how it happened when they got to the moon. It turned out that the configuration of the Lunar Module would have made it very difficult for Aldrin to have been first, as there was virtually no room for him to maneuver around Armstrong to get out the door first. So Armstrong was the first person to step foot on the moon, and yes, it was televised.

Here is a link to Wikipedia page on Armstrong:
    Neil Armstrong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 2, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Heck - All this time I thought that he was the younger brother of Jack Armstrong, "The All American Boy".
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2007, 01:49 PM
    This is of course why just web searches don't help all the time, some of the top 10 I found talked that the entire moon landing was a fake, and the such. So it is hard to cycle though good info and strange info at times

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Armstrong Ultra V [ 1 Answers ]

Armstrong Air Ultra V, 4 yrs old: Problem: *Igniter comes on with bright red/blue flame *Burners then come on *Fan blower comes on *Shortly after blower comes on, burners go out, and blower continues to run *Igniter comes back on *Burners then come back on *Then Burners go out again...

Need Neil Jordan book description [ 1 Answers ]

I've seen a book by the title "Neil Jordan Reader: Including Night in Tunisia, Dreams of a Beast and The Crying Game" by Neil Jordan for sale online, but I can't seem to find a good description or any details, besides that it's 267 pages. What exactly is in this book? Are they short stories, and is...

Does anyone have opinions about Neil Waterhouse? [ 7 Answers ]

E-mails from this person, offering e-business info, antecdoetes, and links have started showing up daily. Google results seem to confirm it as fitting the pattern of internet home-based opportunities -- i.e. the only person who is making money is the person selling the information. Anyone have any...

Armstrong Ultra sx 80, pilot light lit, but heater doesn't turn on [ 4 Answers ]

We have a propane heater. We have propane in the tank. There is air blowing through the vents, but there is no heat. Usually, there is a clicking sound in the thermostat, a whumph sound in the heater and the heat comes on. Now there is no clicking sound and no whumph. Consequently, no heat. ...

View more questions Search