Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wingmoller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 06:29 PM
    River otters
    For my 9 year old who is writing a paper for school, do river otters hibernate? How do they survive winters?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
    The information that I have found is that they do not hibernate in the winter and they do not store food over the winter.

Your nine-year-old son may find the following sites interesting and helpful. I hope that he does.

http://www.geocities.com/bobarnebeck/habits.html

Pennsylvania Game Commission - State Wildlife Management Agency: River Otter

River Otter (Lutra canadensis)

Illinois Furbearer Guide: River Otter

River Otter: Wildlife Notebook Series - Alaska Department of Fish and Game

River Otter: Wildlife Notebook Series - Alaska Department of Fish and Game

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fr Roth, The Loire River at St. Thibault [ 2 Answers ]

I have an original etching by an artist named Fr Roth entitled The Loire River at St.Thibault #102. It was copyrighted 1936 Camilla Lucas, NYC, USA. Is the artist Father Leonard Roth who spent many years in the Dachau concentration camp? The etching would have been done while in exhile around...

Original Etching - Van Zeeland - The Dyle River at Malines, Belgium [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, We have an etching by Van Zeeland that measures 23 x 19. The image is in good shape but our customer wishes to change the mat and then asked us to film overlaminate the piece! The reverse side of the picture carries the SZL inscription and it is numbered #153. We are hesitant to...

Parana river [ 1 Answers ]

How much water does the river parana contain

Nile River [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how fast the Nile River flows? :confused:

View more questions Search