Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ohio_Remodeler Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Maximum Number of Fixtures on 1/2" Supply Line
    What is the maximum number of fixtures allowed on a 1/2" CPVC branch supply line?

I currently have a bathroom sink, kitchen sink, bath tub faucet, and toilet supply line for a total of 4.

Is this allowed by the International Plumbing Code 2006 version? Please quote where I can find this info in the code book.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio_Remodeler
    What is the maximum number of fixtures allowed on a 1/2" CPVC branch supply line?

I currently have a bathroom sink, kitchen sink, bath tub faucet, and toilet supply line for a total of 4.

Is this allowed by the International Plumbing Code 2006 version? Please quote where I can find this info in the code book.
    I'm actually governed by the Uniform Plumbing Code, which is a completely different animal than the IPC, but I can tell you right now that you are confusing "fixtures" with 'fixture units'.

Each "fixture" is calculated an assigned "fixture unit" number.

Under the UPC, a bathroom sink would be assigned 1.0 fixture units, a kitchen sink 1.5 units, a dishwasher (if you have one) would be 1.5 fixture units, a bath tub would be assigned 4.0 fixture units and a water closet (toilet) would be assigned 3.0 fixture units.

The maximum fixture loading limit for a 1/2" line under the UPC is generally recognized as 4 fixture units -- Meaning you are woefully undersized for the number of fixture units calculated.

The assigned fixture units number assigned to each fixture is likely to be different under the IPC, but the principle is the same.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 28, 2007, 07:26 AM
    The Tampa Bay Area mandates no more then three fixtures on a 1/2" branch.
    We work off the SPC,(Standard Plumbing Code) put out by The Southern Building Code Congress International, Inc. Regards, Tom
    Ohio_Remodeler Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I just found out that we're on the International Plumbing Code 2003 and 4 fixtures is allowed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"You're my number one" trance song query [ 3 Answers ]

Flying back from Madrid I heard this song on the inflight radio station, and now I can't figure out who sings it. It's a mellow sort of trance song, with this sultry woman singing in a low key way the whole way through. The chorus is this part where she sings, "Cause you're my number one..." ...

200amp service supply line [ 5 Answers ]

OK here we go I have property up state with no power, the nearest pole is appx 1800ft+ away from where I am going to put a summer house the electric company states it will cost me $25000.00 for poles labour and parts. This is insane. My question is if they put a pole with power on the edge of...

Download "private Number" Unblocker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a "8125 Pocket PC" as my cell phone. Which means its pretty much a portable computer. I was wondering :confused: if the was a program I could import on my phone to unblock "Private Numbers". Any info would be helpful. :)

Supply line size [ 2 Answers ]

http://home.comcast.net/~lpeery1/images/plumbing.jpg I need to run supply lines for a bar sink, toilet, bath sink all sharing the same wall (3 colds, 2 hots). Should the two horizontal supply lines I bring over off the main 3/4 inch lines be 1/2 inch or 3/4. Thanks, Larry

Maximum distances from the waste line vent [ 3 Answers ]

Are there generally code requirements for waste line runs in regards to how far the waste line runs from the roof vent? For example, if I convert an existing bedroom into a bathroom and the toilet is say 10 feet away from the waste line roof vent, is that going to be a problem?

View more questions Search