Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atkozy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Whirlpool Duet Dryer Model GGW9200 Won't Start
    Dryer was working fine until I put in soaked clothes in it.
    Soaked clothes was drying for 15 minutes. I manually Paused/Cancelled it, took out clothes to squeeze excess water out of them. Put them back into the dryer and it won't start.
    Door open light turns on fine.
    No LED display when selecting dryer setting and pressing On button
    Took out clothes again, left door open (maybe to dry out dryer)
    Don't see any water in dryer
    Unplugged it overnight
    Next morning, plugged back dryer, open door light still works fine
    Left dryer empty, pressed On button and still no LED display. Dryer won't start

Apr 27, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by atkozy
    Dryer was working fine until I put in soaked clothes in it.
    Soaked clothes was drying for 15 minutes. I manually Paused/Cancelled it, took out clothes to squeeze excess water out of them. Put them back into the dryer and it won't start.
    Door open light turns on fine.
    No LED display when selecting dryer setting and pressing On button
    Took out clothes again, left door open (maybe to dry out dryer)
    Don't see any water in dryer
    Unplugged it overnight
    Next morning, plugged back dryer, open door light still works fine
    Left dryer empty, pressed On button and still no LED display. Dryer won't start
    Day 3. I took apart the dryer to check faulty wiring (visual only, no Voltmeter test yet) did not notice anything. Opened up the control panel and reseated all connections and still no LED lights. System board looks fine also. Tried pressing the more, less, more, less button to run diagnostic mode, no response, no LED's. I'm about to give up and call in a service repair man.

The last time I had this dryer fixed because of a quarter shorting something out, it cost me $200. I might buy a new one if they quote me anything over $200. I saw closeouts for this model for less than $500
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Are you sure the door switch is making? I would check that

Apr 30, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Day 6: Problem solved! First contacted Whirlpool to if I ordered the electronic control board @ $130. If they had a return policy in case that wasn't the problem. NO REFUNDS on parts. Oh well. I'll hold off. They transferred me to their technical dept, who was limited in their troubleshooting skills and mentioned I had done more than what they normally troubleshoot and recommend I call a service tech. So sad... I was going to buy the part Saturday since I wasn't going to take off work and buy the part at a local parts dealer, and decided to do more troubleshooting since I just bought batteries for my voltmeter and wanted to test out the electronic control board and some wires.

I disconnected the electronic control board (ECB) and started tracing wires checking for any signs of shorts. I unplugged the wet laundry sensor, started to use a can of compressed air to blow dry any possible dampness on the wires and sensors, plus dusted off the circuit boards. I left the wet laundry sensor off, plugged the ECB to the Control Panel and then made sure I wasn't going to get electricuted and plugged the power in. An amazing thing happened. MY LEDs came on. Just in case it was a fluke, I powered it off and on and LEDs were back to normal. I unplugged the power, assembled back the dryer, left the wet sensor cable off and tested it one more time. LEDs still working. I used the compress air and cleaned wet laundry sensor, plugged it back in and Voilą... dryer is perfect!!
    Guess my hunch was right all along. The dryer parts needed to dry out and if I had been patient and left if off for a week or so, it'll probl have been fine. By the way you can Google for the Whirlpool job aids which helps you take apart your washer/dryer if you feel adventurous.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool duet dryer '07 model [ 1 Answers ]

The lite on the left bottom of the dryer is lit that says "control lock" which prevents the dryer from turning on, I cannot get it to shut off. Any knowledge on this? I do not have a manual. Thanks

Whirlpool Duet [ 1 Answers ]

What does the error message "F 70" mean on my brand new whirlpool duet dryer?

View more questions Search