Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msuneek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
    Are on ground pools safe
    I hope someone can help me with this question.
    I am ready to install a swimming pool in my backyard. I surfed the net and saw photos of on ground pools that go half-way in the ground. I would like that since it is cheaper then an inground pool and can go to eight feet. I want to know if it is durable to put an "on ground" pool in the ground. Will the walls hold and for how long will they hold? Thanks in advance for answering my question.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 10:13 PM
    I did this at my home so I can tell you a few things. #1 You can only bury the pool about half way. If you go any deeper your pump will lose its prime and not be gravity primed. The inlet of the pump must be below the water level. Once in the ground my pool lasted for 15 years with two liner replacements. The last time I replaced the liner I saw corrosion holes in the aluminum walls and did some make shift patches. After 15 years I took it down not because it failed but the girls were gone and we didn't use it any more. Just make sure your base ring is on soild and absolutely level surface all around. Write back if you have more installation question and good luck. It was a blast for 15 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chlorine for pools? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pool at home and I having trouble keeping the costs down and I don't think I can afford it! Is there a way to alter the pH and chlorine levels cheaper than buying those expensive branded chemicals?

Soft sided portable above ground swimming pools [ 4 Answers ]

I'm thinking of buying an above ground swimming pool. I saw on the internet the one I wanted 12x17 x 53inch from reallyezpools - but on another site there was a consumer warning about them - Has anyone here bought one and can tell me what they thought of it? thanks louise

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

Advice on above ground pools [ 2 Answers ]

OK... We're going to take the plunge and get an above ground pool. I've been trying to do some priliminary research on the internet as we won't actually purchase until this fall. I have had little luck in finding a non-biased source of information on recommended brands and recommended types of...

Labor Pools [ 1 Answers ]

I need general information on starting a labor pool in the state of Florida. Specifically insurance concerning "employees".

View more questions Search