Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tailwind9a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2005, 06:22 PM
    Can't get graphics with IE6
    Lately I have been unable to have graphics display using IE6. Photos come out OK but the graphics leave a white box with a red X in the middle. I have reloaded IE6 with SP1. Any suggestions as to what may have changed? This problem has only manifested itself the last 3 weeks or so. Thanks!
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2005, 07:54 PM
    Download and install SP2
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2005, 10:02 PM
    Or dump IE and get Firefox as well as sp2
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2005, 05:27 AM
    Pictures
    Hi,
    This has to do with ActiveX controls.
    Try this:
    At any website, click on Tools at the top, then click on Internet Options.
    Click on the Security tab at top of that window.
    Left click on the Internet icon to highlight it.
    Then, click on the Custom Level button at the bottom.
    Now, toward the bottom, change the ReSet To; Medium security.
    Click on Apply, and OK.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Mar 28, 2005, 06:48 AM
    Howdy:

Fredg is close but, as usual, is just a little wee short on his fix..

The image is displayed based on a script, ActiveX control, cookie, Java applet, or HTTP referral information. As you can see, the ActiveX is NOT the only possible cause as fredg alludes to..

Try the following url for all possible causes and their fixes..

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

Murray
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2005, 06:53 AM
    Not only is ActiveX not the only possibility, its one of the remotest possibilities. The two most likely are a broken link or having graphics turned off.

Go to Tools>Internet Options. In the Advanced tab under Multimedia. Make sure show pictures is checked. If this happens only on some sites, it may just be a broken link.
    tailwind9a Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2005, 08:59 PM
    Thanks For The Help.
    You folks have given me a lot to look at and I won't be able to get to it until later in the week. I do have show pictures checked. I'll be working my way through the other possibilities and I'll let you know how it comes out.

Bob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Graphics Driver [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all! I was wondering.. In my desktop I have a Intel 82815 Graphic Controller(driver).. something is wrong with it. It keeps making my computer crash. The Intel guys say they no longer use this driver and will not give any information on it.. Is there another driver I can download to replace the...

Graphics display [ 1 Answers ]

I am running a Gateway mid tower PC, P4, 256 RAM, WinXP home. Whenever I boot or reboot the computer the display setting automatically changes to 640X480 (Low 8 bit) from 800X600 (Highest 32 bit). I can go in to the display and change the setting back but I must do it every time my computer boots....

Ibm Thinkpad Graphics [ 1 Answers ]

**DRIVING ME NUTS** ibm thinkpad 600e; windows 98se; when you fire up machine, you suffer v. poor graphics & if you right-click empty area of screen & select properties, it doesn't allow you to move the slider bar to adjust screen size, & only 2 colours are available, 16or black & white!! Have...

Z buffering Graphics [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people, I hope you can help. After unclicking a box in windows I had to reinstall windows 98se over the top of my present OS. Since then a few things have happened although all my files and programs are OK, the most annoying thing is my games don't work. On Toca Touring cars all I get is a...

Xp graphics [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed xp on my pc it went on OK but to get the screen to display xp I have to uninstall my graphics card it is a radion a t I. Has anyone got any ideas please john

View more questions Search