Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    answermyqs123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 07:36 PM
    Civil war
    What was the capital of the north and the south during the civil war?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 10:08 PM
    This is a little confusing, of course the capital of the US was and still is Washington DC

But the Confederate States of America ( made up of 11 states ** and actually two other states Kentucy and Missouri unofficially joined but official election votes claim they did not, so they were never officially considered part, although large groups were loyal to the south) actually had three capitols duing its war for independence. They were
    Montgomery, Alabama
    (until May 29, 1861)
    Richmond, Virginia
    (May 29, 1861–April 2, 1865)
    Danville, Virginia
    (from April 3, 1865)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil war [ 11 Answers ]

Why did the Confederate states of America attack America and start the civil war:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Civil WAr [ 5 Answers ]

What was the greatest problem in the united states after the civil war?

The Civil War (US) [ 3 Answers ]

Which was not part of the Union's threepart plan to conquer the South? a. blockade southern ports c. capture the Confederate capital b. draft freed slaves to fight for the union d. split the Confederacy in two What was the aim of "total war" as practiced...

Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

The 'North' and the 'South' were not different nations. I'd base my argument around defining a nation (no easy job). Then, go onto who benefits from calling it "War of aggression"? it’s a highly emotive name. In what ways did events fit that description? And Who benefits from calling it...

Spanish Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hop eyou can help me. Does anyone know the main events which decided the end of the spanish civil war? Stephanie

View more questions Search