Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eferguson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Historical Teen Girls Movie- Suicide or Suicide Attempt?
    I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the school and sneak cigarettes and to meet boys. One of the friends either is gets pregnant or thinks she might be. Anyway, the new girl is German, I think, and might be Jewish. Because of the war, the new girl is isolated from her classmates, who have alienated her by this time, in a classroom, and either commits suicide or tries to, possibly by hanging. I almost think it took place in England, but again, I'm not sure. I know this is a the vaguest of vague memories, but I really would like to locate the movie again.

It's definitely a tale of prejudice, friendship, desperation. A real coming-of-age.

Thank you!
    Eferguson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eferguson
    I remember watching a movie as a teen- about 10-15 years ago on Showtime or HBO. I think it took place around WWII, with a teenage girl that befriends a new girl at their school, which I think was an all-girls school. The girls meet with other girls (friends) from the school in the woods behind the school and sneak cigarettes and to meet boys. One of the friends either is gets pregnant or thinks she might be. Anyway, the new girl is German, I think, and might be Jewish. Because of the war, the new girl is isolated from her classmates, who have alienated her by this time, in a classroom, and either commits suicide or tries to, possibly by hanging. I almost think it took place in England, but again, I'm not sure. I know this is a the vaguest of vague memories, but I really would like to locate the movie again.

It's definitely a tale of prejudice, friendship, desperation. A real coming-of-age.

Thank you!
    Actually, someone on another thread found it for me. It's Secret Places. :D Thank you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Is it normal to from time to time think about death or suicide? With all the problems the world have, do people think and say" is not worth it, might as well get it over with"? I mean we all have our ups and downs

Suicide?! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm so depressed and I feel like no one will be able to help me. :( I so badly want to end my life but I don't know if I will end up killing myself or not. I AM SO CONFUSED!! :confused: Will I really end up actually killing myself or will I pull through?

Suicide [ 26 Answers ]

I know that this probably is not the correct fourm for this, but I know that it is a highly answered forum so I hope you don't mind me posting my question here, but I am in desperate need of advice. My friend tried to commit suicide on Thursday night last, she was my best friend for a few years...

Suicide [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, we are a group of students currently working on an important project, on suicide inducing lyrics. Our stand is that the suicide victims were already in a state of mental/emotional instability, and their death was not directly influenced by the lyrics. Would you be able to offer any...

View more questions Search