Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spinnaker Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2005, 02:32 PM
    Internet Explorer
    When ever I try to open a site such as Yahoo,Google I get a popup window that ask me what to use to open it with,When In click on IE and OK it will open. How do I get it to open all the time without doing this extra. Its something new? :confused: [/B]
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2005, 02:36 PM
    You didn't mention what version of windows you are using but my guess is that reinstalling windows will fix the problem. Just load it over the top of the current version.
    Spinnaker Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2005, 02:38 PM
    I have XP, it came with the computer
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 27, 2005, 02:56 PM
    Okay, well, I have personally never seen this happen for an actual website like Yahoo or gooogle. I have only seen this message with relation to certain applications. If it only started happening a few days ago, then I would use the system restore feature in xp. If it has been a while, then I would insert the XP cd and do a repair of Windows xp. This will keep your data intact as long as you use an actual Windows XP cd as opposed to a restoration cd, which will likely delete all of your info and data.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2005, 04:12 PM
    What it sounds like is that you may have lost the association for HTML or other types of WEB pages Open up WINDOWs Explorer (not iE) and go to Tools>Folder Options, then go to the File Types tab. If there is an HTML type make sure its set to use Internet Explorer. If not add a HTM type set to IE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer [ 7 Answers ]

When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is

Internet explorer don't run [ 4 Answers ]

My internet explorer don't works just stucks, the green bar don't apear. First thought it was the internet connection but with Firefox works well. Have taken Firefox and unistaled internet explorer and it worked, for one day :confused: now is the same problem. Any ideas of how to help me??

MS Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

After installing Firebird I lost use of Internet Explorer. It tries to open a site only to return the page with the message "Cannot find server - the page cannot be displayed. There are some web sites requiring IE, how do I reset the program. I tried downloading from MS but they said I have a newer...

Pop-ups in Internet Explorer [ 6 Answers ]

I'm using Spybot to remove adware and spyware, but I'm still getting a few popups with Internet Explorer (specifically noticed when I try and access Yahoo or Google) which I don't using Netscape. What more can I do to end all the popups in Internet explorer?

Internet Explorer 6. [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP and have developed a problem with my IE. When I first log on to internet my home page sometimes locks up or it will turn off IE and send me back to desktop. This does not happen all the time. Some time I can change web pages then without warning my IE will turn off and I am...

View more questions Search