Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeanne75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 05:30 PM
    I got caught shop lifting I stay I n scotland I suffer from manic depression

Caught shop lifting suffer severe depression did not think about what I was doing clean crimanl record

Will I go to jail suffer from severe depression got caught never done any against the law before what will happen to me I am so scared they take me to jail I come from scotland
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 25, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Its very unlikely you will go to jail with a clean criminal record. Relax -- if like here in the states --you will be fined -- a year or so of probation, possible community service. Most European countries are a bit more liberal than the state so fear not. -- Savage
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
    This quote I found a long time ago might be a good mantra for you though these times -- Savage

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Author : Frank Herbert
    leeanne75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leeanne75
    i got caught shop lifting i stay i n scotland i suffer from manic depression
    Nothing
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 07:24 PM
    With a good lawyer and certification of your illness you will be fine. Plead not guilty and your lawyer will present the defense.
    jl022306 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 11:20 PM
    girl, I have the same situation... and I don't know what will happen but I do know that you're not going to go to jail as long as you didn't steal over $500 worth of items.. and it helps to have good grades =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight lifting [ 2 Answers ]

Ive gotten to the point now where I divide my exericses groups into day such as my chest and legs one day and then my biceps and triceps the next time I work out etc.. I just wondering should I be doing multiple exercises per muscle so do three chest exercises on the day I do my chest and so on? ...

Shop lifting [ 3 Answers ]

Someone, anyone I need some answers real fast. I'm in Canada and I was caught shop lifting. I was charged of course and I'm waiting for my court appearance, needless to say I'm scarred and the way I see it I should be. I have a bi polar disorder for the last 25 years. And for some stupid...

Hernia: preventing testicle pain while lifting! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am 17 years old. I lift weight a lot, well I used to . This whole summer I have laid around watching anime and losing muscle. Mainly because I had this lump on my right testicle and I was in a lot of amounts of pain, and my doctor could not really find any explenation for it at all what so...

Weight lifting [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if it is OK to do a full body workout three days a week? Also when is the best time to do a workout I usually do it around 4 or 5 pm.

Lifting of the corporate veil [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've just started the company law subject this semester, I did not understand the "lifting of the corporate veil". Can you give me a detailed explanation on this matter. Regards MMM20

View more questions Search