Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luvhappy316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Piercing scars
    Just got my naval pierced about a month ago, it has never healed and noticed yesterday at the gym that the ring (or the bar) completely thinned out the skin and so there was nothing but the bar literally in between the skin. I cleaned it out with anti bacterial SoftSoap and had to take tweezers to intwist the ball on the bar. I went to a tattoo piercing shop today and I was told to keep cleaning it with non idodized salt with luke warm water and apply vitamin e oil to help heal it and to help I guess the scarring. Is there anything else I need to know or anything I should do? My skin is literally split on my naval and noticeable. I was also wondering how long would it usually take for the this to heal and how long should I keep applying the salt water and how often? And how many times a day I should apply the vitamin E oil?
    CatherinenDaniel Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2007, 05:39 PM
    When I was a teenager I also had my naval pierced.. the first time I had it done, it also 'grew out', which I what you describe. The solution you describe is called saline and you can get it premade from a pharmacy or supermarket.. you can get the little seringe bottles or the larger bottles to clean contact lenses with.. But mixing the salt and warm water is basically the same thing.

When my piercing grew out, it wasn't infected, and had just about healed but at the same time kept pushing it out - apparently because I had it pierced with a gold banana bar instead or surgical steel ring. My piercing hole closed up within a matter of days, I just applied some hydrogen peroxide to it a few times.. but I have since heard it isn't recommended as that solution is quite drying..

If I were you, I would clean your naval with the solution 3 times a day initially and just rub the oil on in the evening before bed time.

Even though I used hydrogen peroxide, you can't even see the scar where the piercing completely grew out.. But I am also a really good healer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scars [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know from anybody who has any advice on how to reduce scar tissue or even if there is any way that the scars can be removed. I have a close relative that has suffered from depression and as a result has self harmed in the past. The scars are a nasty reminder of the past...

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Belly button piercing and scars [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if id be able to get my belly button repierced under these conditions. OK first of all, I had it pierced before but it came out and closed. Now I have a dime sized lump of scar tissue wheere it was pierced. I also revently had gallbladder surgery and I have I tiney incision scar...

Scars [ 5 Answers ]

I have some dark scars and I was wondering if any one knew something that might help them fade ?

View more questions Search