Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rasco847 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Wireless card
    I'm moving my computer upstairs and want to know if I can install a wireless card? The reason I'm asking is I have a hp pavilion s7310n slimline desktops, and I'm not sure if I need a special card cause its so small? Omar
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

May 7, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rasco847
    i'm moving my computer upstairs and want to know if i can install a wireless card? the reason i'm asking is I have a hp pavillion s7310n slimline desktops, and i'm not sure if i need a special card cause its so small? omar
    Rasco, of course you will need a wireless router and if you do a Google search on "usb wireless adapter 802.11" you will need an adapter...

P2E
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 06:42 AM
    They Make PC MCIA, and USB wireless adapters. Against the pros advice, (because of potential "Bugs"). I chose 802.11N, supposed to be faster, further, more secure.
    My neighbor bought USB Adapter for his wireless g router. After couple of hours trying unsuccessfully to install, Tech support asked if there was a button at the top to activate,
    After closely looking saw button to activate wireless. I got the built in adapter going.
    He gave me the USB adapter. It is spare. I have "N" card, works great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

Wireless pci card [ 6 Answers ]

I was searching for this post but I couldn't find anything on the topic I know this is a stupid question and some of you might flame me for me, but I just ordered a laptop and forgot to put a wireless chip in it, as of now I do not need the wireless but I was wondering if it is still possible...

Wireless PCI card problem [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Linksys wireless PCI card in a PC Pentium2 400mhz, running XP pro. XP will see the card but will not allow set up to finish, error message reads, (devce cannot start Code 10). Driver updates did not solve this nor reinstalling device and driver many times. The wireless...

Wireless card [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that a wireless card allows you to connect to the internet without cables.. But after purchasing the wireless notebook card, do you have to still sign up with an "internet provider" or pay any monthly fees?

View more questions Search