Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Cutting of the wrist
    I've tried to stop cutting. I can't. So how can I keep going without anybody noticing?:(
    CatherinenDaniel Posts: 58, Reputation: 6

Apr 25, 2007, 03:52 PM
    If you don't mind me asking.. why can't you? Is it because you don't want to? Are you willing to go speak to your GP?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 04:12 PM
    There are counseling and even support groups of other people trying to get over this available, And you can do it, since we all know it only causes more harm and actually does no real help, only fools our minds though chemical release. So what you need to do is find people who will be there to help you.

Apr 25, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherinenDaniel
    If you don't mind me asking.. why can't you? Is it because you don't want to? Are you willing to go speak to your GP?
    I can't stop because it is the only way to release misery.

Apr 25, 2007, 04:27 PM
    There are many other ways to release pain and hurt.. Do you have someone to talk to?

Apr 25, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherinenDaniel
    There are many other ways to release pain and hurt.. Do you have someone to talk to?
    Yes... but if they find out they are responsible for being the adult, which probably means telling my parents

Apr 25, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Hmm.. obviously there is a bit of depth to your hurt! I am happy to talk to you and won't judge you or think any less of you. But it would be worth your while heading to your GP who can put you in touch with some groups or someone who's professional in this field iykwim? As Father Chuck said, cutting yourself doesn't actually do any real help... Even though it feels good - you need to find other things to take away the pain and feel good about yourself again.

I found whenever I found I felt like I wanted that relief from cutting or felt at breaking point, I would head down to the gym and train hardcore.. it seriously makes you feel so much better - as it actually does release good chemicals into the body.. and I worked out so much I ended up with a killer figure!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Yes and they will get you help. Part of growing up is to know when you need help. How much better for you to come to them asking for help, than they finding out and then dealing with the problem and the issue with you not telling them.

Also you can talk to a trusted teacher, a school couselor and many others who will try and get you help
    Marcusstorm Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meecy12
    I've tried to stop cutting. I can't. So how can i keep going without anybody noticing?:(
    I understand that for you there is no way to feel happy or release that anger apart from cutting and hey you may feel that way for a long toime to come. When I used to cut I was so scared how the feelings would be when I didn't cut so I kept doing it. After time my wrist grew thick, no longer easy to cut and I suppose although it sounds stupid, I woke up to myself and stopped. I have had one relapse since then, a bad one, but I am proud of myself. Im sure you hear people everyday telling you to stop and all that crap, but in the end you have to do it for yourself, no one can make you because it simply won't help. And I'm sure you have heard how in a few years you will regret it because of the scars, and hey you might. I sit back and look at my arm in pride and dissapointment. On the up its good to know what I have been through yet on the down I cannot wear tshirts and when I am with someone I have to explain all of it to them. Its Hard to stop, and I don't blame you if you don't want to but will you please at leats try, for your own sake. In my situation I left cutting and went on to drugs, that was probably the worse thing I could have done yet I have stopped that now so I am happy. Through all of that I have stopped.. x Good luck
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 6, 2007, 07:46 AM
    People will always notice. I have been there, and I have stopped.
    I started when I was around 11, I'm 26 now, it took me all that time to realize that it has got me nowhere.
    Only scars and bad memories.
    I did it to take away the pain of my past, I doesn't take it away, it only adds to the misery of having to explain to people how you got the scars on your arms.
    When I was 14 I remember cutting both my wrists, and blacking out in the street in the rain, I was found and taken to hospital, yeah I'm still here. And I am so glad.
    When I met my partner he didn't want me to hurt myself anymore, to just talk to him instead if I ever felt bad, in the last 5 years I have done it twice, but the look of disapointment in his eyes when he found out has given me strength to stop.
    Please talk to somebody, anybody, it doesn't have to be your mother, try and get some help, please don't be like me and waste the only life you have... the 15 years I lost by doing this to myself.. well I wish I could get them back..
    jane_doe Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 07:12 PM
    I know what its like going through this because I have done it myself... all I can truly say is find that one person that can always make you happy no matter what and just be with them, for me it was my boy friend... he left me for another friend (the reason I started slitting) but I figured out I could still talk to him just in a different way. He still makes me happy and still calms me down when I'm about to loose it its just in a different way.
    I would say find that one person and talk to them about EVERYTHING in your life, everything that drives you mad and makes you slit or even everything that makes your day better.
    Hope it helps(:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cutting.. [ 12 Answers ]

Im Vanessa and I'm 15 years old. Ever since I was 12 I was having sex. I would cut after almost every time because I was scared to tell my parents and that causesd a lot of stress. Even if I didn't have sex I would cut because of something that happened during the day. One time that I cut I had to...

Jordans new wrist tattoo [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone seen this and know where I can find a picture of it. Thank you

Cutting [ 7 Answers ]

Im a 13 year old girl. Every time I get sad, I take a razor, and I cut myself. I want to stop. But I don't know how. What should I do?

Cutting myself [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped cutting myself for my boyfriends sake and I have the scars to prove the cuts he didn't and doesn't like it when I hurt myself on purpouse but know he has broken up with me I have starved myself and I have tried to cut myself well I have a problem I think it some mental disorder to of my...

How can I build my wrist muscle without going gym. [ 3 Answers ]

How can I build up my muscles without going gym.I searched about it lot in internet but nothing helps me.I am 17yrs old now my wrist are thin I want to build it so help me tell me the natural exercise.

View more questions Search