Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loulou23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 12:50 PM
    D&c procedure after miscarriage
    Hello my name is louise this is my first time using this site as I have been searching for an answer which I cannot find hence that's why I'm here.Tuesday morning I got a refferal to the hospital to have a scan as I am 10 weeks pregnant but started to have a lot of cramping and brown discharge.So doc sent me to hospital only to find that my poor baby only reached 7 weeks.As I haven't had a lot of blood until tonight they want me to have a d&c procedure to remove the tissue etc.I am very worried about this as I have never been in hospital before and was wondering if there is any women out there that could enlighten me as to there experience of miscarriage to see how much blood loss is normal and what does the tissue look like if I were to pass it naturally before my op. Thanks lou
    pickerill Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Unfortunately I have no answer to your question but I would like to say how sorry I am to hear your news and I hope everything goes OK.
    loulou23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 01:12 PM
    D&C is a procedure to clean out your uterus after an unfortunate miscarriage. I had one many years ago and it was an in one day out same day procedure. Blood loss was no more then a normal period and I was told not to do any heavy lifting, running, or exercise for a few weeks after or bleeding would be abnormal.

When you ask about 'tissue', I assume you mean will you see anything that resembles a fetus, no you won't, it is only clots at that point. It is good you are having this procedure to avoid any infection and to make sure your menstruation cycle gets back on track.
    kso Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 02:44 AM
    I had a D&C while awake, and I do not recommend that. At least not without being on some sort of pain medication. However in hindsight, it was a pretty quick procedure.

Anyway, after the procedure I felt a little crampy, but not bad. I did not have very much bleeding afterwards because it had all been cleaned out.

I'm sorry for your loss! ((((HUGS))))
    Annabelle2007 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Hello,

I also lost a baby around 10weeks as well. Although I did not have a D&C (and now I think I should have). If it passes naturally before you op, you will (from my experience) notice a lot of clotting (I myself actually saw a tiny fetus).

I myself would not go through it naturally again (touch wood it ever happens again!) as it just makes it a lot harder to get over and drags it on.

I hope I have been of some help.

Annabelle

God Bless.
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 21, 2007, 08:56 PM
    I have had two miscarriages and it is a tough experience! I had A lot of bleeding with clots. All started with the brown discharge, then blood. It was painful, but was tolerable (if that is a word?)

The doctors did lab work on me for about 2 or 3 weeks to make sure I expelled everything naturally, so I would ask for lab work before the procedure to be sure.

Sorry about your loss! It is tough.

Good Luck and God Loves You!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hsg procedure [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying for about a year now. This month I am having a hsg done. Checking tubes to see if they are blocked. Does anyone know if this procedure is very painfull

Procedure for a summons [ 2 Answers ]

I was named on a Civil Suit with another person. This person was served the summons with my name on it also. Does that mean I am served also, or do they still need to serve me paper on the suit? Also, I am not even in the same country and haven't been for several months. Do, they have to serve...

Eviction Procedure [ 19 Answers ]

OK I'm going to make this short but simple.. I have a court date to go to court on March 21st to evict me from my apartment due to non payment of rent.. How long from the day in court do I have to stay here.I need to know as soon as possible as Iam on a very low income and I recive only a minimum...

DO everyone have to get a d&c done after a miscarriage [ 1 Answers ]

Do you have to get a d&c done after a miscarriage if its your first child and will something bad happen if you have unprotected sex without have one done first.:confused:

View more questions Search