Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpw9200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 08:45 AM
    Sunken sand bottom
    We had a 24' round pool installed less than a month ago. The ground was damp when it was installed, but was tamped down well and we were assured that the only problem we would have is footprints from the installer putting in the liner. A layer of a sand mixture was put down over the dirt. We just moved the wedding cake steps that were put in after the pool was installed - and we noticed a spot under the steps near the wall about 7 inches long and 2 inches wide where the bottom seems to have settled and it doesn't feel like there's anything under there supporting the liner. There is also a thin strip along the wall near this spot that's about a foot long that there is a ridge where there doesn't appear to be sand built up. I've called a couple of pool places for insight into this and everyone tells me not to worry about it, that sometimes the ground settles and the sand shifts - and that it won't be a problem. I've read some of the posts on here and would appreciate some input from your knowledge base. Do I need to be concerned about this, and should I insist that the installers come look at this. I think this is a flaw in installation, and they don't seem too concerned about it. We've paid a small fortune for pool installation & water delivery, and I'm upset about having to drain it and repay for water. Anyway, any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 21, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Hi there,

Can you please describe in greater detail what the liner is doing that leads you to your conclusions that the liner is not supported. This will help in giving you a suitable answer.

Cheers

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steel frame require having sand? [ 2 Answers ]

Do steel frame pools haft to have sand or can I use the padding I seen on the net you put under the liner and on the walls. I like to put a steel frame up but I'm renting and I don't think my landlord would like sand in the yard. He was OK with me putting a simple set pool up but it got slashed so...

Sand and salt [ 1 Answers ]

What may cause the % recovery of sand or salt to be greater than 100%?

Atoms in grain of sand [ 2 Answers ]

Estimate the number of atoms in a grain of sand. Assume the grain is a 0.25mm (on each side) cube and that average distance between atoms is 10^-10m. Please help me answer this question I have a lot of trouble solving it. Can u show the steps too. Thank you sooo much.

Replacing sunken tub with shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have removed a sunken tub from a rancher built on a slab. There is a 6 inch well which allowed the sunken tub. I am putting in a barrier free prefab shower base. The shower base will take up the same area as the old tub, but the special purchase shower base has the drain in the centre...

Morter vs Sand Mix [ 3 Answers ]

What's the difference between morter and sand mix? While I'm asking there is type N and Type S morter. My application is building a concrete shower curb and base, to eventually be tiled. Thanks

View more questions Search