Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rybakgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Left Leg Pain/Exhaustion
    :rolleyes:

Hi there everyone. I am a newbie and my name is Kim. I am a 36 yr old female with a nagging pain in my left leg and the feeling of being tired all the time. I am at my wits end because my insurance isn't great and I can't just run to the doc for every little aliment. Brief history: I have hasimotos disease (autoimmune disorder) diagnosed last year, I have a history of being anemic (last year my hemoglobin was 3), I have fibroid tumors in my uterus, and am just a tad overweight.

About 2 months ago I started with this pain in my left leg that starts at the groin and moves down the leg, around my knee, and to my ankle. It is a constant ache, sometimes shooting pain. I am completely exhausted, I could nap 3 hours a day after an 7 hour night of sleep. Obviously, this isn't possible because of family and work, but nonetheless I could. When I get the chance I do.;)

Anyone out there ever have these symptoms, or can guide me in the right direction would be great. Thanks so much.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 25, 2007, 07:21 AM
    I am not expert here, but since you can't go to the doctor I suggest walking. It sounds like you have sciatic pain (sp). I had neck and shoulder and sciatic pain and the ONLY thing that works for me is exercise. A couple of years ago, I started walking after having massages, chiropractor treatments, didn't work, after about three months of walking at least three times a week for three miles, the pain was gone completely and my energy was back.
    rybakgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Thanks Missk. I wondered though, I am a server and am on my feet about 30 hours a week. Do you think I need to walk in addition to what my job gives me? Doesn't sciatic cause back pain too? Just curious, I don't know a lot about it. Does sciatic cause pain on the inner thigh and down the inner leg? Thanks for your quick reply.
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 25, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Well I do know that you don't always have to have the pain in your back. But it's usually the back of the thigh. I don't know if you should walk in addition to what you are already doing but being a little overweight can cause pain so it might relieve if you lose some-walking for exercise is different than serving because you're swinging your arms and working out all your muscles. I think you should try gel arch supports for your feet though. I worked for a foot doctor for a while and if you can't afford orthotics try the gel arch supports but not the cheap ones. You can get them at a sports store like Academy for around $25. Maybe the left side of your body is trying to make up for the side that you are serving with. Hopefully someone else with more experience will answer, but I really think the supports will help you. I won't hurt to try.
    nkd_123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2011, 09:38 AM
    I also suffer from severe pain in my left upper leg, neck pain and exhaustion. If I attempt to exercise (on a good day), my feet will go to sleep. I suffer from exhaustion most of the time. Not tiredness, complete exhaustion. This is causing depression, (who wouldn't be depressed)? I am not a lazy person, I have flipped a house doing most of the work myself, worked 2 jobs, its not that I am lazy. But now I am lucky after work, doing a sit down job, to go home and empty the dishwasher. I love gardening and yard work but am not able to do that or play with my grandchildren. I have the occasional good day but then pay for it. I don't sleep well, have gained a lot of weight around my middle. I am not a huge person but can't get rid of the middle. 170 lb, 5 ft 5 inches. I have had blood test after blood test. AGain, its very frustrating to have this exhaustion, left leg pain and neck pain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ongoing left groin and leg pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have pain in the left groin area that moves up and down between my left mid-shin, across the top of my left thigh and into the left groin. It has been checked several times over time and now I am having a real problem. In the prone position, I have relatively good movemnet of legs etc, I cannot...

Pain in left arm [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what I have but I was hoping someone might help I'm over weight, My left arm and leg have a pain in them sometimes, and I haven't had my period in months. ( I've never had sex so it's not something to do with that)

Leg pain that moves to arms [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone out there suffer from this or have any ideas on how to figure out what is wrong the doctors don't seem to care anymore and it sucks it just makes me so bad please help me.

Arm and Leg pain [ 6 Answers ]

I have been having leg and arm pain on and off for almost 2 years and the can't figure out what is wrong. Recently it has gotten worse I am on naproxen and ultram and lortab for the pain and inflammation. The only thing that is elevated when they tested me for RA and lupus my c-reactive protein...

My Dog seems to have leg pain [ 7 Answers ]

I have a nine year old boxer and every now and then he holds his leg up like it's giving him a lot of discomfort. The vet gave him a few pills once that cost over$100.00 but didn't help the problem a bit. I hear it's common in big dogs but I'm wondering if anybody can tell me how to take care of...

View more questions Search