Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timmy23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2005, 04:49 PM
    Web-site access
    Hi folks,
    I am having a problem accessing a particular web-site. I can access the site for several consecutive days and then for no apparent reason I cannot pull the site up for several days. I don't believe it is a problem with the site as I was able to pull it up just a couple hours earlier today from a friends computer, yet when I tried on my PC, I keep getting the "cannot access" page. Is there something in my security settings blocking this site? I have no such problem with any other web-site.
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    timmy23
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 26, 2005, 05:15 PM
    If you are using a router, you might try unplugging the routers power cord for 30 seconds and then powering back on and then try the site again. Same goes for the power cable on your cable modem, assuming you are not on dial up. I've seen this resolve the exact issue that you describe in the past. Also you may delete all temporary files and set security settings to medium or default settings.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jul 11, 2005, 08:14 PM
    Una
    What is the website? Is it a secure (HTTPS) site? Are there other strange things happening with your system? Clear your browser cache and cookies, disable your firewall & try again.

Alternately, you can try (1) Ping'g the website a/o (2) surf to the website via IP.

(1) Start>Run>COMMAND
    Ping abc.com
    (2) @ browser enter ip address (e.g. 199.181.132.250) of your website into ADDRESS bar.

P2E :cool:

Quote Originally Posted by timmy23
    Hi folks,
    I am having a problem accessing a particular web-site. I can access the site for several consecutive days and then for no apparent reason I cannot pull the site up for several days. I don't believe it is a problem with the site as I was able to pull it up just a couple hours earlier today from a friends computer, yet when I tried on my pc, I keep getting the "cannot access" page. Is there something in my security settings blocking this site? I have no such problem with any other web-site.
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    timmy23
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 11, 2005, 08:49 PM
    I agree
    I run through a large home network here and I have that problem quite often (particularly with www.250free.com and www.ebay.com) but resetting everything will usually solve the problem. Good Luck.

Jul 13, 2005, 09:35 AM
    Try Ping'g...
    As previously mentioned... From DOS, try to Ping 64.202.96.164 (aka 250free.com) and Ping 66.135.207.193 (ebay.com). If you get 4replys, you are connecting to the websites.

Next enter the IP address into the address bar of your web browser and see if you can surf. If so, you are likely looking a related DNS or hosts file issue.

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by wzartv
    I run through a large home network here and I have that problem quite often (particularly with www.250free.com and www.ebay.com) but resetting everything will usually solve the problem. Good Luck.

Jul 13, 2005, 09:55 AM
    Wow! Okay thank-you very much!

Jul 14, 2005, 11:28 AM
    You're located the root source of the problem? Glad to help... In any case, I have seen this problem several times before and believe me it can get pretty involved. Not really sure, but I attribute a lot of the problem to Spyware & hijack attempts. No fun, when you are the victom.

Your welcome, verymuch :D

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by wzartv
    Wow! Okay thank-you very much!

Jul 14, 2005, 12:22 PM
    That's right... thank-you very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Site where I can store a 4MB movie and have others access it [ 6 Answers ]

I remember someone posting a link to a site. I know about yousendit.com, was there another?

Not able to access Adobe site [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I am wanting to download acrobate reader inorder to read pdf files when I try to go to the adobe site it tells me can not find server, but if I try to access the site from another PC it goes to the page with no problem. I am using windows 98 SE. Please help. Thank You CL

Can't access pop3, Pop3 access not working from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have XP SP 2 - Its been about a week since any of my pop3 accounts have worked (Gawab, Gmail, Spymac, Toughguy). The error messages I am receiving on all of my pop3 accounts are similar to : The host 'pop.gawab.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name...

View more questions Search