Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbeatty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 08:43 PM
    27' above ground pool
    We installed our own above ground (27') pool. It isn't perfect and a couple of the legs are crooked. Is there anything we can do now to make it more stable and make me feel safer about the pool? We are a little nervous about the pool wall giving way. Is this possible and what should we do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Once your pool is up and full of water you are done moving it. It is actually difficult to get legs crooked because of the way they attach to the base and to the rail. Could you explain further? The legs aren't holding back the water, the 27' aluminium ring does that job. You likely have little to worry about. Back to you.
    sbeatty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Once your pool is up and full of water you are done moving it. It is actually difficult to get legs crooked because of the way they attach to the base and to the rail. Could you explain further? The legs aren't holding back the water, the 27' aluminium ring does that job. You likely have little to worry about. Back to you.

Thank you for responding. It actually eased my mind to read someone say that I have little to worry about! Anyway, there are two "legs", rails or whatever they are called, that are not going straight up and down on the side of the pool. They kind of stick out at the top. We had a really hard time getting the wall to stay in track and I have this image of my kids being in the pool and the whole sides giving out and the kids flying through the yard in 1000's of gallons of water. I have even considered pouring cement around the bottom of the outside of the pool and putting metal cable tie around the bottom of the darn thing. I am really nervous as you can tell. We just couldn't afford a pro to come and install the pool. HELP!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 06:45 PM
    "hard time getting the wall to stay in track " If the wall is not in the track all the way around then you may have a problem but it would not be an explosive draining of the pool. The track keeps the pool perfectly round and that makes the pressure on all wall even. If the wall is out of the track you have a weak spot but, if it were to break the liner, it would be a rapid draining of the pool but not explosive. The legs pretty much just hold up the top ledge of the pool and the ledge keeps to pool from bulging when the kids do a cannon ball. You are still OK but keep inspecting any area where the twall may be out of the track.
    ssr202 Posts: 12, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2007, 09:25 PM
    You are never OK when you have concerns over safety of your swimming pool. If you have children you need to be 100% sure that your pool is installed safely. Contact a local swimming pool professional in your area and explain your problem. If they are a "professional" they will be happy to assist with your issue and give you safe methods of correcting your installation. Your safety is more important than the expense of correcting the problem. You may also look into contacting the manufacturer of the pool for a solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool installation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, We are installing an above ground pool, we got the ground level and the day of installation it downpoured rain. Now the area where the pool is being installed is wet very very wet. We have clay in the area to top it off. We have been waiting for the ground to dry for 2 days now. The...

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

Above ground pool filters [ 1 Answers ]

Which is better a sand filter or a cartridge filter?

Removing Above ground pool. [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone who lives in southern New Jersey (in the Gloucester County area) have an above ground pool in good condition that they would like disassembled and removed? I would be happy to do it. Please just let me know.

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

View more questions Search