Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donutman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
    Wiring diagram for MTD
    Does anyone have a wiring diagram for starter solenoid on a MTD 8 HP riding mower
    moondancer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donutman
    does anyone have a wiring diagram for starter solenoid on a MTD 8 HP riding mower
    I was just going to ask a question about this. I have a MTD rider and just removed the solenoid today. I kept hearing the click after putting in a new battery (the old one was 7 years old!). So I called the repair place and he told me what to do. So, I can only hope that putting it back together will not be a big job. Taking it out took some figuring because of the limited space I had to work within. It's not complicated though. A couple of screws to fasten the solenoid to the back of the mower. And then the two red wires are slipped over a screw and a washer and nut follow. There is a small wire that slides onto a clip like thing. My mower is a 2000 model. When I called the guy thought my gear shift was in the middle. Mine is on the left side. The solenoid is under and behind where the battery sits. Good luck. Hope this helped somewhat.
    moondancer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 10:51 PM
    An update. I installed the solenoid today. It took about a half an hour and it was easy! Dropped in the battery. The machine started right up! I mowed and mowed and mowed. So happy! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram GB-318 [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for an online site to find wiring diagram for a hobart welder

Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where I can find a wiring diagram for a 95 honda civic... I need to find the continuity between some wires and I need to figure out where the other ends of them are... so if there are any web sites that have them... please let me know asap

Small Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Hi people, I hit the wall and I can't seem to figure this one out. My pet project is a small guitar pedal... Gutted and refit to switch from A to B when the switch is activated. So I can have 2 guitars plugged in and just hit the pedal when I change instruments. The unit works fine, but I can't...

Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect a Directv receiver to a TV to a surround sound to a dvd recorder Thanks-

View more questions Search