Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Georgia23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Tankless water heater
    I looking at installing a tankless water heater it needs to handle a bathroom shower kitchen sink and the washer . It needs to be propane and no power at all and must at lest handle two items at one time . Does any one have a recommendation of a type
    :confused: Live in a state where wind gets real strong and power is out a lot .:confused: :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 07:35 PM
    I don't know how much electricity one of those things takes, but it can't be much. You should be able to find the specs on it. You can buy a small UPS for $50 that might do the job. Do you have water to heat when the power is off? I don't.

Have you done your homework on tankless heaters? I strongly considered one a few years ago, but the more I looked at it, the more problems I found. I finally concluded due to the clearance and venting requirements, the popular models wouldn't fit in my crawl space. I also looked into the common outside on the wall installation. That was when I started comparing my summer gas usage to the claimed savings. My 20 year old tank and gas dryer put together weren't using as much gas as the tankless claimed I would save. It is possible people using huge amounts hot water might be money ahead with one, but the numbers didn't work for me.

To those hoping to intimidate me into shutting up on this issue, tough. If my points are obviously wrong, people should be smart enough to see it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 08:12 PM
    This is one to consider, from the specs it does not require electric.

Be sure you have the flow rate and volume of water to make it work

Liquid Propane Tankless Hydrogenerated Ignition Water Heater

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tankless water heater [ 13 Answers ]

Tom, how are you doing? What are your thoughts on these tankles heaters? Are they really able to do the job of supplying all the hot water you need? I will have a large whirlpool tub, one shower, and the obvious other stuff. Washer, dishwasher, and sinks through out the house. Will they support...

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Tankless Water Heater [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking to install a GAS tankless water heater and I read that you need an area of 750 sq ft of combustable air for this unit I want to install. My question is; Does that mean that this has to be a wide open area because my basement is 1000 sq ft but it is framed out into 3 rooms. All rooms...

Tankless water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what size tankless water heater I will need to connect to washing machine. This is the only appliance the tank will heat. Can I use a 2.5 gallon tankless? Thanks

Tankless water heater [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is alex,I want to replace my tank water heater because is under my AC unit and the AC filter is right above the water heater and that is the only air return I have .I guess they did it wrong when the put the system in ,so the AC filter is collecting all kind of stuff and I can't cleane...

View more questions Search