Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitkat405 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2005, 08:40 PM
    Horses...
    Hey people I know nobody is going to read this, but I love horses soooooooo much. They are so beautiful when they walk. I want to buy a horse but can't find any I should buy. Any suggestions? :confused:
    kookicat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2005, 09:32 AM
    Firstly don't just rush out any buy a horse- they take a LOT of work looking after, a lot of money and time too.

Try having lessons.
    run foxy run Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2005, 09:46 PM
    I have 20 horses of my own and tell you the truth they don't cost that much. I love them to but you have to make shur you are ready for a horse before you get one you mite get sick of it and then sell it. And that is not fair to the horses. You also have to have 5-6acers for a horses if it is going to stay at your house. But if you bored it some where it is going to cost u. $100-900. To bored. And then you have to dive out to see and ride the horse every day. It is a lot of work but if you know what you are doing. It gets easier and easier. Well I g2g if you have any ? Feel free to ask me.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jul 6, 2005, 10:30 PM
    Research
    Before you decide to buy a horse try looking at some of the one that are available for adoption in your area, our family has 4 and they are all adopted from local rescues. Do your research they can be expensive. Vets, shoes trimming of the hooves and so on, but they are worth it if they are well cared for by their owner.
    Jumper13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2005, 07:25 AM
    I have 5 horses there fun but a lot of time training, cleaning, brushing.Maybe u can lease a horse then you'll know wahat it's like. If u do want to buy one check www.horsetopia.com u can find 1 there. I got some that are retired race horses. So look into it.
    coxcows Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat405
    Hey people I know nobody is gonna read this, but I love horses soooooooo much. They are so beautiful when they walk. I want to buy a horse but can't find any i should buy. Any suggestions? :confused:
    Try looking for one at Horses for sale, horse health news, trail riding and horse chat.
    You can choose the disipline you want and the price, sex and age of the horse that you are looking for. I agree with the other person that replied. Don't forget that they are very expensive and time consuming. You have to take care of your animals first!
    Panamaa Posts: 12, Reputation: -1

Mar 2, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Find a place that gives lessons and hang out there. You will find out REAL quick how bad you want a horse.
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Mar 4, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Everyone has great ideas but I have one too. Check in with your local SPCA. They might not have the horses there but they know where they can be found. However, for a rookie rider you may need to find someone experienced to help you evaluate whether the neglected or abused horse you are rescuing is safe for you.
    ntroyn Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat405
    Hey people I know nobody is gonna read this, but I love horses soooooooo much. They are so beautiful when they walk. I want to buy a horse but can't find any i should buy. Any suggestions? :confused:
    One of the nicest things you could do at this point would be to volunteer your time at a horse rescue organization, if there are any near you, or even at a therapeutic riding center, etc. Not only would you be learning how to care for a horse and how to handle one properly, but you'd be helping out a good cause. Even if you can only go out to a rescue center to help out from time to time, the education and help you could give would be invaluable. You could also offer to sponsor a horse at one of these organizations. I'd wait to buy one, though, until you have a better understanding of their and your own needs. Best of luck to you in the pursuit of your dream.
    dwater33 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 10:32 PM

If I were you I would start by taking lessons somewhere.

If you decide after that, that you still want one, look for a horse you can lease.

After that if you want to take on the full responcability of a horse, look to adopt one.

Be prepared for the price. It may not cost that much to buy one... but vet bills and training (if they are not yet broke at all) can cost A lot of money.
    krittersitter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2010, 10:33 PM

All these things are great things I have 9 and if you learn you can do most thing to take care of them and there are a lot of unwanted horses out there that need love and attention ,but what ever you do if you want a rider have someone help and make sure they are what you are told

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disgruntled Horses? [ 8 Answers ]

How often does it happen that a horse doesn't really want to be mounted on a certain day and he decides to unhorse his rider by a sudden stop, or running under low branches, or injuring his rider by accidentally on purpose slamming him against a wall?

Grants on Horses [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to start a farm taking in abuised horses. How would I go about finding a Grant if there is one available to start a farm. I am not exactly unknowledgable about horses and if I get a grant I have a retired trainer who works with Paso Finos that is willing to work with me on trying to...

View more questions Search