Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jray3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Cutting Track Lighting track
    Anyone know why Hampton Bay track states that you cannot cut the track? Every other brand allows track to be cut to the needed length and Hampton Bay is worthless to me if I can't cut it.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 02:37 AM
    You said a mouthful, "Hampton Bay is worthless".

If the manufacturer states their product cannot be cut, then it is so, otherwise the UL listing will be violated and there will be risks to installing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why track lighting blew? [ 3 Answers ]

My track lighting in my kitchen blew and sparked. The hall overhead switch will not work now. I am wondering if a blown fuse would cause the sparking. I have lived here a long time with no problems.

Track lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to put in track lighting at my apt. My apt voltage is 120V and the lighting has a dimmer switch. However the pendant that I am trying to install says that if dimming is required use only an electronic low voltage transformer dimmer such as Commercial Electric SKU#731-638. My...

Old Track Lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I apparently have an old Murray Feiss track lighting system (3 lights w/reflector bulbs). I was hoping to find a compatible track head, but have been told that there are none. The heads in place now are big and bulky and ugly and would like to replace them. Would it just be easier to replace the...

Track Lighting [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to install track lighting on the top of our kitchen cabinets to illuminate the ceiling. It appears this would be an "upside-down" installation. Safety and stability are my prime concerns. Can this be done safely ? Are there specific brands which are more suitable to this...

Track lighting question [ 2 Answers ]

Hopefully an easy one for you guys: I am replacing track lighting in my house (built in '97). The new track has black, white and green wires. The exisiting junction box in the ceiling has a yellow and a white wire with no ground. Should I wire yellow-->black and white-->white? Can I ground...

View more questions Search