Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Cleaning company
    I am working on starting a new cleaning comp. what do I do to get insurance and bond?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 24, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aster
    I am working on starting a new cleaning comp., what do i do to get insurance and bond?
    Visit an insurance agent, depending on how many employees, if any, you will have, you will need liability insurance and perhaps worker compensation for your employees, if any - workers comp insuurance may be mandatory depending on the laws of the State were you will operate, so be sure you know what the law requires. Bonding is of two types, surety (not insurance) but is an extension of credit and fidelity which is like insurance contracts. Doubt you need a surety bond for a cleaning business unless you plan to perform work for a Government and probably won't be required even then. Fidelity insurance is not required by anyone unless it's you wanting if for dishonest acts by your employees that cause you a loss of your money or property or unless your customer requires some assurance that your employees are covered for dishonest acts that might cause them (your customers) a loss of their money or property. Hope this helps. An agent can guide you.
    aleankitt38 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I will be a self-employed cleaner do I need to be license, insured, and bonded just for me the only one working?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 06:28 PM
    First if you will do a search at the top of this page, you will find 100 or so posts all about cleaning companies, we get maybe 10 people a week here asking that same question.

Basically you can buy a bucket, a rag and a spray cleaner and go into business if you have someone that will let you clean for them.

But if you want to do a business, you will want a business license, you will want a tax number and remember you are self employed so you will have to pay all of your own taxes including the self employment tax ( social security full amount of 15 percent) many people forget about paying their own taxes and end up at the end of the year oweing 1000's.

I would advise having liability insurance, if you were in a home or busienss and broke a 10,000 vase, someone will want a check for it.
    Also if they come up and claim something is missing, they will want to be paid back for it. If you work for some firms they may want your employees to be bonded, and if you have your employees handling money, you may want to have them bonded also.

If you are using a vechile to drive from business to business, be sure and talk to your insurance agent, since the rate for car insuracne for business use is different than personal usage.

Also if you have any employees you will need unemplyment insurance on them, you will need workers comp insurance on them.
    And of course as a self employed person you will have to buy your own health insurance.
    rongidancy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
    How do i get started from the bottom,and what do i need.:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
    Two more questions concerning what the first poster asked, like this is a chatroom.

In addition to the answers above, you might also want to check out the following links:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...any-79311.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/busine...aning+business

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...aning+business

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...aning+business

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Cleaning company [ 1 Answers ]

Hello :) I want to create a cleaning residencial company and I need to create a form where people looking for a cleaning jobs can fill out, beside the basic information like name, phone number, nationality, address etc. What else important information I need to get from them? And in the other...

Starting a cleaning company [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to start a home cleaning service in uk as my a second and have friends who is willing to help, I drive but my friend doesn't would that be a problem? Also I would like to know what types of equipments I need (hoover , mop etc) and how many I will need to start with?also how many...

Best Business Entity for a Cleaning Company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a small cleaning company and last year it was a sole proprietor. This year I want to add 1 to 2 employees and so I need to change my business entity. Has anyone gone through this? What is the best entity for a small housecleaning business and why. Please share your...

Cleaning... [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my husband four years now but just recently married. I was wondering if anyone struggles with cleaning the house? My husband and I have two totally different definitions of what "clean" is. When my husband cleans I can barely even tell he did anything. He tells me I'm overly...

View more questions Search