Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khadka Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
    To apply Green Card
    Hello to all.
    Would really appreciate if there is any help.

I am on my 2nd year of H-1B and my wife on H-4. Working in Illinois company. I am from Canada.

I am going to apply For EB-2 category labor certification from my ave current company. I
    Have BS in Civil Engineering plus more than 7 years of experience in the field. Therfore I am for EB-2, but the wages I am getting from my employer is lower than state prevailing wage.

When I talked to my lawyer, he said as long as the company pays me the prevailing wage after my green card is approved, should be OK and until then the company may pay me whatever I am getting now (lower than the state prevailing wage).

Do you think, my perm labor/I140/I-485 would not have any problem?

I heard that at the time of filing I-140 not from labor, I need to submit my tax returns from previous years and probably W2. Is it true?

And also my wife used to work using her SSN for almost last six months. I know she was not suppose to work, but you know because of our financial situation. Do you think it would be problem for me to get my Green card?

Please help.

Thanks
    twindad Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 10:03 AM
    The prevailing wage only matters at the time of the Labor Cert processing. If you were paid less earlier, it won't matter. I will tell you that even though the guidelines on establishing the prev wage are pretty specific, some states interpret them differently. I know, I used to work in one and one states cook level 4 is another's cook level 2. It can be subjective depending on the person who gets your request. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a student on OPT apply for a Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I have a question. I am on OPT right now. Can I start my Green Card processing right now. Is it advisable to apply for a Green Card or should I wait until I get my H1b visa. Thanks and I appreciate for your replies. :confused:

Green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. My mom has a green card but she left usa last year . She is coming back in April . Q... you thing she is going to have a problem coming back?

Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for my renewal green card 10 years exp 11/13/06. I have not rec'd it yet but will travel outside country and return 11/10/06 3 days before exp date. My passport up to date. Is this OK?

View more questions Search