Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost in my little head Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
    My fears are getting in the way of me of having my crush
    So here is the scoop. I have never really dated before and have liked this guy for a while. I am pretty positive that he likes me too. I have given him signals and then he pursued but then I just shut down. I can't even look at him in the eyes and when I am around him I feel like I am holding my breath until I get out of his prescence. I have always wanted to have a relationship but at the same time have feared it. I get mad at myself for doing this because I know I like him and should go for it but my fear of getting embarrassed has always stopped me. I have had a history of regection from people in many ways than one and not just in boyfriends.

This dilema has caused me much wonder and grief and the sooner I get it answered the sooner I can get myself back the way I need it to be. So any suggestions would be most grateful.
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Apr 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Look I'm trans female to male when I first asked someone out they punched me in the face but it felt so much better after because it didn't feel like your chest was going to implode go for it no matter what and keep posting
    lost in my little head Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in my little head
    So here is the scoop. I have never really dated before and have liked this guy for a while. I am pretty positive that he likes me too. I have given him signals and then he pursued but then I just shut down. I can't even look at him in the eyes and when I am around him I feel like I am holding my breath until I get out of his prescence. I have always wanted to have a relationship but at the same time have feared it. I get mad at myself for doing this because I know I like him and should go for it but my fear of getting embarassed has always stopped me. I have had a history of regection from people in many ways than one and not just in boyfriends.

This dilema has caused me much wonder and grief and the sooner I get it answered the sooner I can get myself back the way I need it to be. So any suggestions would be most grateful.
    Thanks for the encouragement but the only problem is that I only see him at school. Also our school is really small so there really isn't a way for me to pull him aside without everyone watching. It's sucks because at this school everyone knows everyone and because there is another girl who I talk to that likes him also.

But on a more positive note I brought a dessert called oreo dirt for a class assignment and he complimented me a couple of times on it.
    padddy Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
    reet here's a good answer Go For It lol you only live once n the worst he can say is no a mean I'm not much of a person who dates but if I have the same feelens as u and the same was coming bk to me I wouldn't think twice what u have to do is try and your courage will be seen and he shld nt reject u hope this helps x :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This girl I have a crush on [ 10 Answers ]

So there is this girl I like. We talk a lot online but at school she's more shy about starting a conversation. I think she likes me too. She's just waiting for me to make a move.. should I just go for it and ask her out or should I wait. She's also kind of busy with sport outside school just like...

Interviewing Fears [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in retail management for over 7yrs, I am now looking for a job and of course Going on interviews. I fear them so much, because I don't do a good job at articulating my Skills an abilities, I am confident in my abilities and feel I can manage any establishment. I feel that my lack of...

My 5yr old fears public toliets [ 2 Answers ]

My 5 nearly 6yr old daughter has a fear of public toilets. When ever we go out and my daughter needs to go to the toilet, she checks to see if there is any holes in the pan or if the seat is different, she always looks right down the toilet and often she won't go saying she doesn't like it and she...

Got a crush on this guy [ 13 Answers ]

I went on here hoping to get help for my own little crush-which is now a big crush. I am sooo hot for this guy I am practically aching. I never even see him anymore-like we (my husband & I) used to barbecue together, go out with he & whoever he was dating at the time. I have even set him up with...

Big crush [ 3 Answers ]

I recently met a guy at my work. We have been workign together for a few months. I find him completely attractive. He is somewhat of a dork to people because he wear big glasses and other things. None of those things bother me. He is very intelligent and a great guy. He seems to flirt and talk with...

View more questions Search