Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alicia2345 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Convert word doc to PDF
    I am trying to convert a word document (Microsoft word 2003) through my pdf maker (adobe acrobat 7.0 Professional). When I open the pdf document, the font size seems larger and the pages are breaking where they shouldn't be. What am I doing wrong?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
    I may be incorrect on this but, I'm not sure that you are doing anything wrong. It is not unusual when transferring a document from one program to another for the original document to be changed some concerning fonts or page breaks. For instance, one of the word processing programs on my computer is Word '97. Usually, when I take a document that I have made on my computer using Word and then open it on a friends computer who also has Word, although a newer version, my document will have changed some. This same thing has happened to me when transferring other documents to dissimilar programs.

As long as all of the information is there, you may just need to edit the document when it is converted to a PDF file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert word doc to pdf [ 3 Answers ]

I have converted a word document creating in a customsize of 6 X 9" to pdf using pdf maker. When I open my pdf document the page breaks are not the same as my word document. I have changed the page size in the pdf conversion settings and this doesn't seem to help. How can I get my pdf document...

About hyperlinks in Word Doc. [ 4 Answers ]

I save Word Docs as html for website use. These docs often have links that by default save to open in the same window. How can I save a Word Doc as html so that the links are all _blank? Thanks!

Need EXTREME help with Microsoft Word Doc [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all... Maybe someone can help me with this because I am about to pull my hair out. O.K. I have a Word Doc that I need to do for my job. It is an 11 page biographical affidavit that will be e-mailed to all employees. They will open it up on their computers and fill in all the questions. ...

Convert pdf to txt or word [ 2 Answers ]

I have a web page I need to cut-paste into a discussion format. It is in .pdf format The page is 95%words (text), with just a small cartoon at the top which is unnecessary. I was at a computer at a college, and was able to save the page on a 3-1/2 floppy (in pdf format, of course. You cannot...

MS WORD - save a .DOC - so it can not be edited [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :) When I make a Word .doc. I want to save it so that when I send the .doc and the other party opens it It will not open so it can be edited... so I make a DOC. Send it via email... and they open my DOC. It opens it a form that they can also edit it. So how do I save a doc. That...

View more questions Search