Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marvman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2005, 02:39 PM
    Renewal of Judgment affecting credit?
    I had a debt go bad against me in 1993. In 1995, the finance company got a judgment against me. I decided to wait it out in hopes that it wouldnt' be renewed as it was a very large sum. Unfortuntely, it was renewed against me last month and it was done 2 months before it was required to be renewed - they didn't miss a beat. But I have 3 questions:

1. They recorded the renewal in the public records. Will that renewal go on my credit report, even though it's just an extension of the original debt/judgment which was removed from my credit report after 7 years; I had it removed back in 2002. Since it's not new debt, wouldn't that mean that it can't be re-entered on my credit file and does the FCRA address renewals of judgments?

2. The company I owed went bust some years ago and they don't have a successor and didn't assign the debt as far as I know. The lawyer who originally represented them asked for the renewal. Since they no longer exist, does the lawyer still have a right to come after me for the debt and renew the judgment? If so, is he limited only to his fees? Is it possible that he can take over the debt or have it assigned to him after a period?

3. Did the finance company wait too long to get a judgment against me after the debt went bad? I got penalized 2 years from the time the debt went bad with them waiting to get the judgment and getting it recorded.

Thanks in advance.
    monkey11224 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2005, 12:58 AM
    Good Question
    I am pretty shure they have to take it off if the tell you they will not go to www.ftc.com; go to customer; and it has the fair credit act on it. If you can not find it go to contact them and the phone # is no there I think but it is the fair trade commission and they know it all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My split is really affecting me... [ 88 Answers ]

I just got separated after a short marriage. I was handling the situation really good throughout the entire separation and was doing OK until a few days ago. Now all of a sudden I can't eat, my stomach is in knots all day, I feel like I want my spouse back (even though for the past several months I...

Judgment/Ch 13 [ 6 Answers ]

I have judgment for 1400 on credit report. This amount was discharged in BK13 but my atty failed to make a motion to have it dismissed when at my hearing and hence, it remains on on my credit report. To get it satisfied, I apparently need to pay 1400 plus atty fees and interest from 2000. One...

Judgment/Credit Report [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgment on my credit report for October of 2000. This judgment was satified within one month of getting it. The only credit agency that is still reporting it is Equifax the other 2 have deleted it completely from my report. This judgment was filed while I was part of a small corporation,...

Ad serve is affecting my Windows Media Player [ 3 Answers ]

I recently watched a music video on my Windows Media Player, and ever since then I have been getting "Ad Serve" pop-ups. I keep getting rid of Ad-serve everyday with Ad-aware, but then the next time I turn my computer on, Ad-serve is back. And every time I delete it, my Windows Media Player will...

View more questions Search