Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nldaniels86 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Trying for a baby for 9 MONTHS!
    9 months ago, I stopped the mini pill on the hopes of getting pregnant, and having unprotected sex too (with the consent of my boyfriend, and we've both had a checkup etc) and each month, nothing, I mean nothing... im so upset, because I really want a baby now, and I don't know what to do, I know that the pill can affect pregnancies, or the wanting of, but 9 months is sooo long! I'm not stressed, depressed, eating healthy, well, loads actually! Am I being impatient, or is there something wrong?
    Please help
    Xx:(
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Since you have both been checked out, I doubt that there is anything wrong on your parts. Also keep in mind that it takes at least 3 months for the pill to get out of your system(as your doctor should have told you when you got on the pill), so really you have been trying for 6 months. Also keep in mind that it takes most healthy couples up to 12 months of actively trying to conceive before it is suggested that they seek medical help in conceiving. Charting your basal body temperature (Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com) and using ovulation predictor kits can help you to pinpoint the best times to have sex, to make it most productive. After sex, stay in bed for 20 minutes, with your hips slightly elevated. However, I would stress that if you are trying so hard, and constantly concentrating on getting pregnant, chances are, it will take you longer. Most people who get pregnant right away, are the people who are not actively trying to get pregnant. The stress of trying often times will keep you from they very thing you want. Even if you don't think you are that stressed. Just keep your chin up, relax, enjoy being with your man, and it will come eventually. Its hard to have patience, I know. But really, it's the best advice. I tried for a year (after being on the depo shot, and the pill a few months after that) before I finally conceived our second son. It wasn't until I finally said, I'm tired of trying and if it happens, it happens, that I finally got pregnant. Don't worry, it'll happen, just maybe not as soon as you want. Good luck to you
    nldaniels86 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Thank you, that is great help, and I guess I will just have to face facts, wait, and be patient lol! Thank you!
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
    I agree... let go and it will be easier on you both... just today another poster just announced her pregnancy after she started not trying SO hard... she had been on here for months with the frustration of actively trying with no results... good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just had a baby 6 months ago could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 21 years old I just had my first baby in April and it was a rough pregnancy I found out that I have an autoimmune diease which one is not clear yet we just know I clot easily. Anyhow I developed Preeclampsia in my 9th month of pregnancy and was induced 2 weeks before my due date. My...

Lack of Period 6 months after birth of baby [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone has any info that might help me out. I gave birth 6 months ago by C-section because my baby was breech. He was also 5 weeks premature. The placenta was embedded in the wall of my uterus. The OB/GYN said this was due to a procedure I had many years ago called thermal...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

F1 opt for 5 months h1b for 7 months [ 1 Answers ]

f1 OPT for 5 months H1b for 7 months How to file my Federal tax returns.

Foster baby in care with me 11 months, should he see me now? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, through an extended family emergency last year, I had 3 little boys in foster care with me. I had the older 2 just over a year & the younger was born during that time & I had him from the day he was born until 11 months. They went back at the end of November. I had told the parents that...

View more questions Search