Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wilksy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2005, 08:02 AM
    How to build a website?? I new but keen
    OK I have been for the past year or so wanted to build a website and run a forum, unfortunately I have NO idea about how to do it and where to start I did try looking on the internet but everyone just refers me to sites that sell web space (which is OK I I knew how to make a site and wanted the space).
    Can anyone tell how to go about it or where I can find out Please, thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2005, 10:57 AM
    As for authoring a WEB site, the first thing is to learn HTML. HTML is the language used to format WEB pages for viewing through a browser. In addition to HTML, you may need to learn technologies like JAVA, Flash, Dreamweaver, PHP and others, depending on the complexity of the page you want to develop.

As for forums, there are many forums you can subscribe to, some of them free, that you can then put on your site. If you JUST weant a forum you might think of creating a Yahoo group. That's easy and free.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2005, 10:42 PM
    Go sign up with this site (just $4 a month) and they will provide you with everything you need. Web Space, complete website, forums, photo gallery, automated submission to Google, etc. If you aren't sure about something just submit your question to them. I use them for my site. No HTML to learn (you can if you want to), Forums are included as well as many other features. If you already have space or you don't want to use them, PM me, or reply here and I will tell you how to download free forums and put them on your own hosted space.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Mar 28, 2005, 12:54 AM
    New
    I just bought a site from dot5hosting.com

$4 a month for 2 yrs, free setup, free domain name for life as long as I stay with them,

They offer free, forum, chat, blog, java scripts, tons of templates, 24hr tech support, you name it, any and everything you need, and I took a long time in finding this one, its an award winning site from more than 1 source.

Excellent so far. The forum was 1 of the easiest things I have setup so far, and it looks cool.
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2005, 10:37 PM
    The site I mentioned doesn't require you pay for 2 whole years to get the $4/month price. You can pay month at a time. Also, if you don't like it you can get all your money back. There just is no catch. And Chat, Shopping, Blogs, News, etc are in there too.

Apr 7, 2005, 07:45 AM
    Ok
    Ok, Phroze, I will check out your suggestion, I am testing that webhost against 2 others, Ace-host, and dot5 al are $4 a month, I will get back with my results, shortly.

Jun 25, 2005, 09:18 PM
    Froze that cheap webhost you mentioned, is crap, they no longer offer that, and what they offer is nothing most people would want.
    erichss Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2005, 09:30 PM
    A hosting company that is pretty good is www.1and1.com you can use all their resources to build you site with MANY features.
    jackfusion Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2005, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by erichss
    A hosting company that is pretty good is www.1and1.com you can use all their resources to build you site with MANY features.
    I tried them and can not cancel unless I fax my signature.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2005, 02:42 PM
    I've got another angle:

Spend $80 for Microsoft FrontPage. You'll find doing just about anything you want just a few clicks away. And it's gravy to learn.

I've got another angle:

Spend $80 for Microsoft FrontPage. You'll find doing just about anything you want just a few clicks away. And it's gravy to learn.

PS-Edit: Dreamweaver is my choice for software, but it's much more expensive... but if your site is not-for-profit, you can get Dreamweaver Academic Version for about $100.
    AlfredoDoggy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2005, 02:04 PM
    Hopefully a solution for you!
    I started my first website on www.freewebs.com. It is free, and they have great support to help out those new to web design. Hope that helps!
    -Alfredo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you build? [ 1 Answers ]

How do u build a ramp that slants up than it goes flat then back down?

Help me to build muscle. [ 2 Answers ]

Please can someone give me some pointers. I have absolutely no idea when it comes to building muscle or toning and am completely new to it all. I have always been unhappy and insecure with my body and what with my wife just leaving me has put me on an all time low. I have decided on...

Help to build PC [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I want to build my own pc from scratch including new tower etc. Does anyone out there have a simple step by step quide on how to do it. I want help and advice on everything from choosing the right motherboard to once finished how to format it etc. I would also like to hear what...

Help to build a PC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I want to build my own pc from scratch including new tower etc. Does anyone out there have a simple step by step quide on how to do it. I want help and advice on everything from choosing the right motherboard to once finished how to format it etc. I would also like to hear what...

View more questions Search