Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arian30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Call centres charging
    Call centres are meant to provide telephone support to customers in different industries. For example in mobile operators industry, call centres use to provide needed support to their customers to use products and services which generates revenue for operators.
    But I understand that some of call centres, due to large number of calls they cannot answer, started to charge call access to support. Well, there are different markets, reactions, provided support etc and this call charging concepts are probably different. I would like to find out more about call centres charging concepts, how are they charging, do they charge to all customers or by segments, by number of calls, by type of support, what are they communicating why they charge for support etc.
    Thx for answer in advance!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 24, 2007, 03:28 AM
    I'm sure that these charges would be a closely guarded secret due to commercial pressures.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 24, 2007, 03:32 AM
    I'm not an expert on this, but I'd thought you'd like to know that HSBC (a bank here in the UK) has caused a bit of a stink on two fronts;

Firstly, they have started routing calls to call centres depending on how much money you make, and thus how much money you make them. Rich people get their calls answered in the UK, poor people (like me!) get directed to India! You can read more on this here;
    One call centre for the rich...-Business-Industry Sectors-Banking & Finance-TimesOnline

Secondly, they've started to clamp down on who uses which banks, again on how much you earn! So if you're poor, you can't use certain banks!
    BBC NEWS | England | Dorset | HSBC's exclusive village branch

Hope that adds to the conversation!

J

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I call him? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 42 yrs old and never married. I just got out of a bad relationship a few months now and recently went on two dates so far. Great dates. But I have no idea what the rules are? Do I call him? Do I wait for his call? I feel so stupid about being clueless but I don't wan't to mess this one...

Call or not to call [ 6 Answers ]

When I was younger I always seemed to know what to do. Now, I feel like I don't have a clue. I met this guy on a dating service. We had our second date this past Sat. He orig. wanted to go out Fri but, he called on Thurs and I didn't speak to him till Fri. Question... When it comes to...

Should I call him? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I recently met this guy in a bar and he asked me out. We went on a date, had a really great time, ended the night with a lovely kiss. We agreed that we both enjoyed ourselves and would see each other again. A few days later he went on holiday for a week. He came back on Monday and I haven't...

View more questions Search