Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitten harr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 02:17 AM
    Learning dissability
    Hi

I have a learning disabilty and find it hard to study and remember what people have said to me. I have spelling difficulties including maths I need to improve in my studying how do I do it. :mad:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Kitten, how old are you and does your school have you enrolled in any programs for specialized help? When you try to study do you find little noises or people talking will distract you?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Hi, I know that this probably isn't very helpful to you, I just wanted to say that I'm glad you want to learn and try to understand your condition a little better.

I'm not much help as I have no experience with this sort of thing, but I will be listening in and absorbing knowledge from the others here to increase my knowledge.

I hope that you get answers that are valuable to you. Good luck.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Hi sweetie. I am a teacher at a school for kids with learning disabiltiies and I am so happy that you care enough to come looking for help.

First and foremost you need to talk to your teachers. I am sure that they are all aware of your difficulties with learning and testing. But talking to them will help them understand that you know that you are having difficulties and you want to help yourself.

When you talk to them ask about these things.
    1. Ask if you can get study guides for any upcoming tests or quizzes. Take them home and use them. Have your parents help you study.

2. Ask if you can stay after for extra help. One on one time with your teacher is very important. They can then decide if HOW they are teaching the lesson works for you. If it doesn't then they can try a different way.

3. Ask them to talk to your parents about their concerns and about what you do well. Because no matter what you think... there are lots of things that you are doing well. Together you, your parents, and your teachers can come up with a plan to help you become more successful.

4. Talk about how you learn best with your teachers. Do you understand better when they talk, when they show you how to do something, or when you can do activities that allow you to use your hands.

Please don't hesitate to ask me if you have any other questions. I might have other things that could help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm learning [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I've just started wrestling and I'm not the best any advice

Learning dissability [ 8 Answers ]

I want to know how to let my kid concentrate and start to enjoy studying. He is in grade 10 and done very bad the past term. He is more interested in being on the streets instead of sitting with his books to improve his grades. Your advise would be appreciated Regards

Legal issues with ss dissability [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, Wanted to find out the legal issue with my situation on ss disability. I am a veteran and after a 6yr fight with ss disability I finally got it. I was injured an wasn't able to go back to work. Before I got hurt I used to ride bikes. Well after the last 3yrs of sittiing in and doing nothing...

English E-learning [ 1 Answers ]

I am planing to do high studies in one of the english language fields.Are there any universities that can offer E-learning , if so please inform me about the fees and the courses which are available in these universities .

View more questions Search