Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frahgeelay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 11:51 PM
    Custom Dictionary Not Available
    I keep getting an error message every time I open MS Word 2003: Custom dictionary in File Name is not available. I have checked my setup and everything is as it should be. The dictionary is there, it is enabled. I made changes to normal.dot a few days ago, but nothing that has to do with spellcheck. I only changed the tool bar, but since then I cannot use any custom dictionaries.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Apr 24, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Microsoft support has two pages with possible answers on this, but only for
    Word 97 and Word 2000, but they might help, they are;

WD97: Run-time Error '1280' Setting Custom Dictionary

And

WD2000: Run-Time Error '1280' Setting Custom Dictionary

Hope they help a little bit!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custom T-Shirts [ 4 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know of a website that can make custom t-shirts for me? Thanks P.S. What is going on with the site? I have been a member since 2 yrs ago, I go on it about once a month... everything is different ?

How to create a custom dictionary [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an assistant professor and I am working on a new method of learning English or any other languages. I have a word list of 1000 words. Like this: A (an) Able About Account Acid Across

An American custom? [ 7 Answers ]

Why do the Americans wash their teeth before breakfast? Well, I've seen it in many films. I brush my teeth after each meal...

Dictionary [ 3 Answers ]

Someone told me that a dictionary comes with XP. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't seem to find one, but I thought maybe I was just missing it. Thanks

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search