Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zexelskyline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 09:16 PM
    rvhost.exe
    hello

I was infected with rvhost.exe, same problems with the others guys,it disable my task manager,folder option and registry.. I try to follow some of our fellas step which is go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System and change the value but to no avail.my registry can't even entered because it said was disable by administrator.. please help me..
    douchrti Posts: 19, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Hi,
    I recommend heading over to MajorGeeks Forum.
    Register and dnload Hijack This program.
    Run it and submit results logs to the Malware Removal Forum there.
    They are good people there and will help you. I frequent there myself.
    RVHOST can be tricky to remove completely.

Hope this helps.
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Apr 25, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Also, you can try the Enable tool that I made.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attach...kg_0023349.zip

It should re-enable those tasks.
    If not, and this issue is truly caused by a virus, please let me know and I will look into it further.

Good Luck,
    nadyarokman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 12:17 AM
    Hi.. im having the same problem.. n yes,it is caused by worm which infected the file and has been removed by my AVG anti-virus program and caused me another problem which I can't launch my windows task manager.and every time I start my laptop,"rvhost.exe file is missing" popup message keep on appear.how do I go about it? Help.. tq

Quote Originally Posted by ANETGames
    Also, you can try the Enable tool that I made.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attach...kg_0023349.zip

It should re-enable those tasks.
    If not, and this issue is truely caused by a virus, please let me know and I will look into it further.

Good Luck,
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jun 4, 2008, 02:05 PM
    nadyarokman Click start>click run type in msconfig and then press enter. Go to the start up tab and un-check everything except your anti virus.click OK and reboot. When you come back to the desktop check the box 'do not show this message again" and click OK .
    kyle14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2010, 11:26 AM
    hello

I was infected with rvhost.exe, same problems with the others guys,it disable my task manager,folder option and registry.. I try to follow some of our fellas step which is go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System and change the value but to no avail.my registry can't even entered because it said was disable by administrator.. please help me..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove RVHOST.EXE malware ? [ 15 Answers ]

Does anyone have idea about the RVHOST.EXE malware, and how to remove this permanently, or Patch the OS in order not to get infected again in future? Mcafee version 8.0 + Antispyware + Patch 14 cannot remove this malware :o :o The only software that can remove this is PREVX, but it's a trial...

OS infected with rvhost.exe [ 4 Answers ]

My computer is infected with rvhost.exe. When my computer is started, The task manager shows that the processor usage is fully occupied (100%). As soon as I kill/disable this process, my CPU usage drop to the normal level. I have AVG but it didn't detected any problems in my system. Please Help ...

RvHost.exe has infected my computer, please help [ 2 Answers ]

My computer is infected with rvhost.exe. When my computer is started, The task manager shows .

RVHost.exe virus deleted [ 5 Answers ]

After using an antivirus software to remove a Trojan Horse the file RVHost was deleted. It resulted in a statement telling me that the administrator of the computer disabled the Task Manager. Is there anyway of enabling Task Manager again?

My computer is infected with rvhost.exe and registry editing option is disabled [ 2 Answers ]

Hi pple, My Computer in infected with RVHOST.exe worm I had tried many antiviruses but they couldn't help me, and also this virus has blocked my task manager and registry edition options and it hide the folder option from tool menu of explorer, when I want to edit the registry it says that...

View more questions Search