Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommat2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Can I Evict My Son
    My son is 27 years old, he moved in with my boyfriend and I last July. He pays no rent,no food, no nothing. He has been being very disrespectful to me in my own home. I told him to pack his things and get out, but he doesn't seem to pay any attention to anything I say.
    I live in the state of Virginia.What I need to know is what can I do? Can I just pack his things for him and tell him it is time to go now and then change the locks.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 23, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Not sure of the laws in your state -- but give him 30 days notice [required by some states] to cover your butt and change the locks on may the 23rd -if he has not packed -tough sh*t on him, give it to goodwill - Savage
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Bascily yes you could if there is no rental agreement, if he moved in and you agreed he would pay something, then he is a renter that is just not paying. And you will have to evict him.

What I did with my adult children, was to pay a month or two at a low cost furnished rental and after they moved in the 2nd or third month was there problem. ( unless they got to work and was trying hard, then I might have helped them with more)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult son,evict from my home [ 15 Answers ]

How can I evict my 29 year old son out of my house

How do I evict adult son? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to help my 26 yr old adult son get his life back together. He is on 2 years probation for making a bad choice of unauthorized use of a vehicle. In other words he was stopped while driving a stolen vehicle however, he was not the person who stole it, just driving it as a favor...

How to Evict [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am renting a house in Michigan. My name is on the lease, however my roommate and I have a verbal agreement that we would split all rent and utilities 1/2. Since January of this year he has not paid anything. Now he is temporary gone (job assignment) and has not paid anything. He is...

How to evict someone? [ 1 Answers ]

I have just go a new tenet in my rental home. We gave her the key @ the end of October even though she still owed us $250.00 for the required deposit. She eventually got it to us. Now the rent for December was due 12-03-2006. But we haven't heard a word. I sent a letter reminding her of the...

Evict a tentent [ 2 Answers ]

My rental property is in Indiana and I have tentent who has not paid for 2 months. How do I go about evicten him and also get my money? Thanks

View more questions Search