Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2005, 05:23 PM
    AvxScanOnline Control...
    How do I safely remove this from my win98SE computer? Did an on-line scan and this program is now installed on my computer located in the downloaded program files. The code base for this is: http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/Msie...fender.control and is made by SOFTWIN SRL ROMANIA. Used regedit to find out where this program was located found several references in the h_key root of the registry. Is it safe to just do a search w/regedit and delete anything referencing AvxOnlineScan that comes up or what is the safest way since I do not want to mess up any other programs on the computer that are needed. Reason I want to remove it I think it may have something to do with locking up the computer and possibly slowing it down when I'm online. Your help is highly appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2005, 06:35 AM
    You should be able to uninstall this from Add/Remove Programs. Did you try that? Also look in the folder for an uninstall utilitiy. If not try their web site and check for uninstall instructions.

I got this from their online FAQ:
    How can I remove Online Scanner from my computer?
    Select Tools, and click Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8. Restart Internet Explorer.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2005, 07:31 AM
    Remove Program
    Hi,
    If you haven't already done this, then:
    First, go to Add/Remove Programs, see if it's listed and remove it.
    Then, shut down your computer. When you reboot, it will save a copy of the Registry.
    You can then Edit the Registry, remove values for this program.

If it's not in Add/Remove Programs,
    then look for the uninstall.exe either from Start/Programs or from Windows Explorer, under the folder Program Files.
    If it's there, uninstall it, then do the Registry Edit.

Best wishes,
    fredg
    PS; If you mess up something in the Registry, and need to Restore a good version, Start up the computer pressing F8 at the top, then choose C: prompt.
    Type in scanreg /restore, and it will look like C:>scanreg /restore.
    Press Enter, then choose the last backup of the registry.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2005, 10:58 AM
    More echos

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Out of control at daycare [ 8 Answers ]

I work at a daycare and my class is k-5th grade. I have one child in my class that is absolutely out of control. We have tried everything. She hits, she steals, she won't ever be quiet during lessons or quiet time and she purposely tries to aggrevate the other kids. Now she thinks it's funny to...

Should a man be in control [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am new and really appreciate your help:).. I have just started having sex a couple months ago w/ my boyfriend. I am no longer with him but I was still curious about this issue. This question is more geared towards males but I would be glad to get a response from either sex. My...

Pigeon Control... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I have 15-20 pigeons sitting on my roof. It is 2 story house. I was wondering what is the best method to get rid of these pigeons.? Thanks

View more questions Search