Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kutiepye07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Painful gums
    How do I know if I have gengevitis? I have a sore in my upper right gum and its really red all around it and it hurts no matter what I'm doing, also the tooth under the sore hurts really bad?
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Does it look like an ulcer?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
    This sounds like an abcess to me if it is only in one place. You should make a dental appointment. If it is an abcess it most likely needs antibiotics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with gums after crown placement [ 32 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this question: I am currently undergoing a crown placement. About 10 days after the temporary crown was fitted, my gums became very inflamed and sore. I went back to the dentist and he took the temp off, cleaned the area (again) to verify that there...

Make brown gums pink again [ 4 Answers ]

I am a ex-smoker. I was wondering if there is a way to reverse the brown gums and make them pink again.

Cyst on my gums [ 2 Answers ]

On Sunday I noticed that my gums were feeling kind of "mushy" for lack of better term. By Sunday night to the left of my front tooth my gums were extremely red, and there was a visible bump. Monday morning the "bump" was big enough that I can feel it past the base of my nose and as wide as the...

Dark Gums from smoking [ 5 Answers ]

Will dark gums from smoking turn back pink?

Brown Gums? Is there no hope? [ 2 Answers ]

I am an african american girl and my gums have turned dark in a few areas around the gumline because I was a smoker. Now that I have quit I am wondering if there is anything I can do to restore them to a healthy pink color or am I doomed to have dark gum spots forever? I never heard of gum...

View more questions Search